Sony has stepped up to apologise to gamers awaiting new information on Team ICO’s long-delayed The Last Guardian.
It was widely anticipated that the boy-meets-griffin adventure would show its face at the PlayStation Meeting on Wednesday, after rumors persisted that the project had since moved to PlayStation 4.
However, this wasn’t the case, with no mention of the title given at the event – even though creator Fumito Ueda said last week that gamers should “keep an eye out” for potential announcements.
As a result, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida told Kotaku, “I apologise to people who are waiting for the game.”
"Ueda-san posted that he’s still working on it, that he’s creative-directing it and that the team in the Japan studios are working hard," the executive explained.
"We are waiting for the right time to re-introduce The Last Guardian."
Pressed as to whether or not the game has been moved to PS4, Yoshida-san replied, “we’re going to talk about it when we can.”
Do you think The Last Guardian will remain a PS3-exclusive, or do you think Sony has quietly moved it to PS4? Let us know in the comments section below.