The Star Wars Battlefront 2 beta details have been confirmed by Electronic Arts.
Access to the open beta for the new sci-fi shooter will begin on October 6, though players who preorder Battlefront 2 can get a head start on October 4, 2017.
So, anyone can play the PS4 beta. It’s open to everyone who has a PlayStation Plus subscription and will last three days, up until October 9.
Also, we have the first details of the content that will be available.
Players can look forward to:
- Playing as the Separatist droid army or Republic clones
- 40-player multiplayer mayhem
- Choose from four different classes: assault troopers, heavy troopers, officers, and specialists
- Play as some of your favorite heroes (yet to be revealed)
- Vehicles confirmed (though we don’t yet know which vehicles)
- Multiplayer Starfight Assault mode (objective-based, multi-stage battle)
EA is still to reveal the finer details of the Star Wars Battlefront 2 beta, but we should hear more as we approach the release date. Also, the developer plans to unleash more details on the starfighters and more SW:BF2 news at GamesCom in August.
Source: PlayStation blog