Aspyr Media has released a day one update for Star Wars Republic Commando, which includes 4K resolution support for when played on the PS5. The classic FPS is now available to buy for PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
Here’s a list of the Star Wars Republic Commando update patch notes.
- Supported up to 4K rendering resolution on PlayStation 5.
- Supported up to 1440p rendering resolution on PlayStation 4 Pro.
- Optimized rendering shaders.
- Improved audio quality.
- Updated controller’s vibration settings.
- Reduced controller’s dead zone size.
- Minor bug fixes and quality of life changes.
Star Wars Republic Commando was originally released for Xbox and PC in 2005 and takes place in the series’ Expanded Universe, with players controlling an elite clone trooper known as Boss as he takes Delta Squad through a series of increasingly difficult missions while learning to bond as a team.
The game was originally developed by LucasArts and is powered by the Unreal Engine 2.
Source – [Reddit]