Naughty Dog has officially confirmed that The Last of Us Part 2 grounded update as part of patch 1.03 is launching August 13, and comes packing the much-requested Grounded Mode among other features.
The Last Of Us Part 2 Grounded Update Detailed
Grounded difficulty is the ultimate test of skill for The Last of Us Part 2 players, making enemies more dangerous and key resources incredibly scarce. In addition, Listen Mode and various HD elements are disabled, while Grounded will become a base difficulty that you can select when starting a new game.
That’s not all, either. Naughty Dog is implementing a Permadeath mode, that does exactly what it says on the tin — if you die, it’s game over. You have to complete the game without dying, or you start all over again. Two new Trophies have also been added; one for completing the game with any Permadeath mode enabled and another for finishing Grounded mode.
Naughty Dog also confirmed that it is adding 30 new graphics rendering modes and unlockable gameplay modifiers.
- Mirror World
- Mirror on Death
- Slow Motion
- Bullet Speed mode
- Infinite Ammo
- Infinite Crafting
- Infinite Melee Durability
- Infinite Listen mode Range
- One Shot
- Touch of Death
- 8-bit Audio
- 4-bit Audio
- Helium Audio
- Xenon Audio
Finally, the following game improvements will also be included:
- Saves now display playtime up to the second
- Film Grain Adjustment option
- Disable Listen Mode option
- Motion Sensor Function Aiming option
- Arc Throw HUD Display option
- Aiming Acceleration Scale option
- Aiming Ramp Power Scale option
- Accessibility improvements to Ground Zero encounter, collectible tracking, Enhanced Listen Mode for collectibles, and rope gameplay