CD Project RED has gone live with The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt update 4.04 patch notes, with this latest update for the fantasy-RPG fixing numerous issues including a crash on PS5 plus the addition of a HDR calibration option. Check out the latest The Witcher 3 patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue where certain hairstyles from the “Beard and Hairstyle Set” DLC would clip through the Nilfgaardian helmet on previous-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue with flickering textures that occurred during Gwent matches on next-gen consoles.
- A Towerful of Mice – Fixed an issue on previous-gen consoles where the conversation with Keira would sometimes not trigger after the fight with the pesta.
- Cabaret – Fixed some visual issues with Dandelion’s model before and during the staged fight on previous-gen consoles.
- The Last Wish and Wandering in the Dark – Fixed an issue where the game could crash on PlayStation 5 during these quests.
- Improved stability during or after loading a save file after playing in Ray Tracing mode for prolonged periods of time.
- Fixed an issue where the Cross Progression setting does not update the interface of the Cloud Saves status correctly on Xbox Series X.
VISUAL – PC and Next-Gen Exclusive
- Fixed an issue where fog could look as if it were 2D in some places.
- Fixed an issue where the sky’s reflection on the water with Ray Tracing enabled was partially missing at specific locations in White Orchard, Velen and Toussaint.
- Grass collision now works properly.
- Added an HDR calibration option.
- Fixed an issue where the mountains in Kaer Morhen could disappear when changing the camera angle while Geralt is under water.
- Get Junior – Removed an unnecessary body of water from Oxenfurt sewers.
- Fixed an issue where the loading screen would stutter while having Ray Tracing enabled.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY
- Added an option to switch potions and apply oils from the radial menu.
- Fixed an issue where Geralt’s health rapidly depleted when diving.
- The Final Trial – Fixed an issue where leaving the area and coming back could cause Lambert to stand in the water instead of sitting in the boat, blocking progress.
- Addressed some issues with loading saves when using the Cross Progression feature on multiple machines with the same GOG account.
[Source – The Witcher 3 Patch Notes via CDPR]