According to the latest issue of Game Informer, Naughty Dog has stated that they hope to utilize nearly 100 percent of the PlayStation 3’s power for adventure sequel, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, where as its predecessor used only 30-40 percent.
For those of you without a Game Informer subscription, we have some of the highlights of the cover story listed below.
– Uncharted 2: Among Thieves will feature a new girl named Chloe Frazer. When Game Informer asked about Elena and Sully’s return but Naughty Dog had no comment.
– Naughty Dog states they were using only 30% of the PS3’s power with Drake’s Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.
– The story is about looking for the ships that Marco Polo "lost" while returning home to Italy.
– Melee combat is more dynamic now.
– Stealth will be a new gameplay mechanic.
– Nolan North will be back to reprise his role as Nathan Drake, while Chloe Frazer will be portrayed by Claudia Black (Stargate SG-1, Fargate).
– The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.
– There are no load screens.
– The score is being composed by Greg Edmonson.
– Weapons can be used in any stance (running, behind cover, hanging, climbing a wall, etc.).
– You can now move while aiming behind cover.
Be sure to pick up the new Game Informer as it becomes available in stores for the first in-game screenshots of Uncharted 2 as well. Otherwise, stay tuned to PSU.com for more details.