PS5 is very popular among gamers because of the gaming experience that it offers.
The wide variety of games has also attracted many gamers. The device versatility it offers is exciting.
There are other alternatives like PS4 and Xbox however, these consoles do not offer the experience that PS5 gives.
If you are facing problems while using a keyboard and mouse with PS5 go through these steps to use keyboard and mouse on PS5 console and you won’t face a problem using them again.
Image Source: Google
Test your keyboard before pairing:
Before we switch to connecting the keyboard with your PS5 console, you should check if your keyboard is working perfectly or not.
This can be quite frustrating when you do all the steps right and in the end, you have a faulty keyboard that is causing the problem.
To avoid this mess, you can use a keyboard tester. Simply go to the website and test out all your keys.
If your keys are working perfectly, the keys of the virtual keyboard will turn green once you press them.
If the keys don’t turn green even after pressing then you will have to consult a technician or even consider buying a new keyboard.
Image Source: Keyboardtester.io
Top games that support keyboard and mouse on PS5
Listed below are some of the most popular games that you can play with a keyboard and mouse on PS5:
● Call of Duty: Vanguard
The game was built by Infinity Ward. It is a first-person shooting game that is set in the near future and follows the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
It features a new game engine, as well as new weapons and gameplay mechanics.
The game also introduces a new mode called “Vanguard”, which is a cooperative multiplayer mode where players take on the role of a special forces unit trying to stop a global terrorist threat.
You can use a mouse for aiming and a keyboard for movement in Vanguard.
Image Source: callofduty.com
● Cities: Skylines
This PS5 game is a city-building simulator that lets you design, build, and manage your own metropolis.
From the makers of the popular Cities: Skylines franchise, this game is sure to please any fan of city-building simulators.
With over 1,000 unique buildings and landmarks, as well as a fully customizable map editor, you can create the city of your dreams. A keyboard and mouse are all you need to get started.
● Split Gate
The most engaging ps5 game is splitgate. It’s a first-person shooter that pits two teams of players against each other in an intense battle.
The game is fast-paced, action-packed, and it’s sure to keep you on the edge of your seat.
You can use a keyboard and mouse or a controller to play and dominate your competition.
● Risk of rain 2
It is an excellent ps5 game that offers a lot of fun and excitement. It has great graphics and a lot of replay value.
The controls are tight and the game is challenging. A keyboard can be used for playing this game for better control and accuracy.
The game has a lot of levels and the player can save progress.
● Minecraft Bedrock edition
The bedrock edition of the game supports a keyboard and mouse on ps5. The game has a creative mode where players can build anything they want.
The player can also choose to play in survival mode where they must gather resources and survive against hostile mobs.
There are many different types of blocks in the game that can be used to create different structures.
Image Source: minecraft.net
How to Use Keyboard And Mouse On PS5 Console (Steps)
Setting up a keyboard with your PS5 console is very easy and if you are facing problems doing that please go through the steps stated below:
- Go to the home screen of your PS5 console.
- On the home screen select the settings.
- In settings select accessories and then select other accessories to search for your keyboard and mouse.
- In the accessories select your keyboard and then do the settings for your keyboard.
- Select the language for your keyboard.
- You can check device compatibility information in the user manual and you can find out whether your keyboard is compatible with PS5 or not.
How to set up the mouse with your PS5 console?
To set up a mouse with your PS5 console follow the steps stated:
- Go to the home screen of your PS5 console.
- Select the settings button from the home screen.
- In the settings go to accessories and then select other accessories.
- Plug in your mouse and then search for your mouse in the accessories.
- Do the settings for your mouse.
- The mouse is now ready to use with the PS5 console.
How to set up a Bluetooth keyboard with your PS5 console?
To set up a Bluetooth keyboard with your PS5 console follow the steps stated:
- Turn on pairing mode on your PS5 console.
- Go to the home screen of your PS5 console and go to settings.
- In the settings go to accessories then go to the general section and then go to the Bluetooth section.
- Now search for your device in the list and pair it with the console.
- Now the keyboard is ready to be used with the PS5 console.
How to set up a Bluetooth mouse with your PS5 console?
To set up a Bluetooth mouse with your PS5 console follow the following steps:
- Turn on the pairing mode on your PS5.
- On the home screen go to settings.
- From settings select accessories and then select the Bluetooth section.
- Search for your device in the list and then connect it to your PS5.
- Now the mouse is ready to be used with your device.
Do All PS5 Games Support a Keyboard and Mouse?
No, all PS5 games do not support keyboard and mouse. The game developers have the power to include supporting capabilities within the game.
They decide whether a keyboard is necessary for the game or not.
However, most FPS games like call of duty, final fantasy, warframe or even minecraft can be played using a keyboard and a mouse on PS5.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I use my keyboard with PS5?
Ans. Yes, you can use your keyboard with PS5 by plugging it into the console and settings it up with the PS5.
Q2. Is it possible to use both a mouse and keyboard with PS5?
Ans. Yes, you can use both a mouse and keyboard with PS5 at a single time and they both will work fine.
Q3. Can all types of the mouse be connected to PS5?
Ans. All types of the mouse can be connected with PS5 some brands can’t be used you can find them in the user manual.
Q4. Can we use a wireless mouse with PS5?
Ans. Yes, you can use a wireless mouse with PS5 and it works fine you just need to pair it to the console.
Q5. Is PS5 a good option?
Ans. PS5 is a very good option if you are looking for a variety of games and a professional experience
Pairing your keyboard and mouse with your PS5 console is very easy. There are no problems faced by users while keyboard and mouse with PS5 till now.
Almost all types of keyboards and mouse can be connected to PS5 and they all work fine with it.
If your device does not work with your console then go through the user manual and find out whether it is compatible with it or not.