IFC announces Assassin's Creed film contest
- Posted June 26th, 2007 by Michael Harradence
The Independent Film Council is giving you the chance to amalgamate your love of videogames and film-making in to one, having recently announced the launch of a short film contest based on the upcoming PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 title, Assassin's Creed.
Entrants are instructed to produce a short film (6 minutes or less) based on one of five of the following parameters:
- Planning, assassination, escape
- Social stealth - using crowd as a means of disguise or escape
- Assassination in public and in close proximity to the victim
- Assassination of historical figures
- Conspiracy surrounding historical assassination
The first prizewinner will receive a cash prize of USD 10,000, an Xbox 360, a copy of the game and the chance to view their piece of work in the limited edition Assassin's Creed pack. In addition, the winner's film will also be broadcast via the Independent Film Council Network.
Meanwhile, the two runners-up will receive a cash prize of USD 2,500 in addition to the prizes detailed above. It should be noted, however, this competition is only available to residents in North America. For more information, along with full terms and conditions, click here.
Assassin's Creed is scheduled to be released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in November.