Battlefront III moves developers - first renders revealed
- Posted January 1st, 2009 at 08:54 EDT by
- 20 Comments
According to Videogamer.com, Oxford based developer Rebellion, known for such titles as Call of Duty World at War for PS2 and Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron for PSP, will be taking over for recently deceased studio Free Radical on the upcoming Star Wars action strategy title Star Wars: Battlefront III.
Richard Smith, a former employee of Free Radical, has posted some of the first renders he modeled for Star Wars Battlefront III on his blog which include such characters as Han Solo and Sahra The Bounty Hunter. Keep in mind the renders are dated back to 2007 and are nearly two years old.
Click the images below for full size
There is still no official confirmation from either studio on the titles development status, however we know at least Battlefront III was one of the unannounced titles Free Radical had in the works outside of TimeSplitters 4. Stay tuned for more information.
- 4:01am EST - December 29th, 2008
- 4:01am EST - December 29th, 2008
cant wait Battlefront is my favorite Starwars game
- 4:08am EST - December 29th, 2008
what is this?
Game for PS3?
- 5:09am EST - December 29th, 2008
They better not mess battlefront up because i like it
- 5:36am EST - December 29th, 2008
lol the 1rst pic looks like a young Harrison Ford
- 5:41am EST - December 29th, 2008
awesome texture and nicely rendered
- 5:53am EST - December 29th, 2008
I hope they dont ruin this like they did with the second one.
- 6:17am EST - December 29th, 2008
crappy models but textures are good
- 6:23am EST - December 29th, 2008
Great news! It's great to know someone is continuing the development.
- 6:34am EST - December 29th, 2008
is this game anything like the force unleashed
- 6:58am EST - December 29th, 2008
Not bad for 2 year-old renders.
- 7:29am EST - December 29th, 2008
The last two versions were pretty good but they needed a facelift and some gameplay changes. Hopefully, this version will improve on it all.
- 7:48am EST - December 29th, 2008
Yessss!!! Bring it! Hopefully it will be mainly based of the last three episodes 4,5,6 so I can relive my old star wars scenes!!
- 8:10am EST - December 29th, 2008
Hey i was just saying the other day they need to make this lol.
- 8:28am EST - December 29th, 2008
well i mean considering it says Han Solo at thge bottom right corner one would assume it looks like harrison ford, retard.
- 8:54am EST - December 29th, 2008
@15 get over yourself dude it was just a joke
- 8:58am EST - December 29th, 2008
The game is for PS3???
- 4:28am EST - December 30th, 2008
Oh my god, I'VE WAITED 5 YEARS FOR THIS!!!!! I know SWBF2 came out, but I really preffered the 1st, it was more solid and colourful. I didnt think the character models could be so good though, but clearly they can, hopefully pandemic and lucasarts will jump in, especially pandemic, they are great with star wars games!! I hope they aim to make it realistic, SWBF2 was way too fast, and LOTR conquest is an even better example as the demo sucks and the special powers are annoying and I hate it when your sword hits an enemy and has that unrealistic flash. SWBF3 had best be made as real as possible
- 4:37pm EST - December 30th, 2008
very nice. finally some news about htis. I was waiting for htis
- 8:37am EST - December 31st, 2008
ok, love starwars battlefront=)
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!