MotorStorm 3.0 ready to rumble
- Posted October 27th, 2007 at 04:51 EDT by Eric Blattberg
- 22 Comments
MotorStorm's next patch has just been released on the PlayStation Network, and yes, it includes rumble support.
If you wish to update your version of the game, simply head online in MotorStorm and you'll be prompted to begin downloading patch v3.0. The full list of changes:
* Added vibration support for the DUALSHOCK 3 controller with adjustable settings
* Grid order has been randomised for first race in any online lobby
* Finishing positions in your last race now determine your starting grid position in the next race within the same online lobby.
* On-screen indicator has been added to show whether voice comms are issuing from TV or headset – As before, press and hold L1 (R1 if using control scheme 'B') to toggle headset output through TV or Headset.
* Sensitivity Settings for SIXAXIS™ Motion Sensor control have been added.
* Gloating Index' has been added to the Stats card – The Gloating index gives guidance as to a racer's online prowess. It takes into account the number of people you've beaten in each race and the number of people that have beaten you. Use the gloating index to spot the players to beat in each race! Try and rank your Gloating Index up to the perfect '10'!
* Several causes for an occasional snagging issue, which would destroy vehicles on suspension impact, have been addressed.
* Further fixes to prevent the occasional statistics reset issue have been applied.
* Fixed an occasional issue with inaccuracies in Eliminator finishing results.
* Fixed an issue where winners leaving Eliminator before race completed could cause issues for other players in lobby.
It's a comforting thought to know that console games are now being supported months (and perhaps even years) after their release. We just wish we could get our rumble on before the Spring.
We suppose there's always importing for those dedicated folks who simply can't wait. Anyways, we'll keep you updated on MotorStorm and its sequel throughout the coming months.
- 11:59pm EDT - October 26th, 2007
Good news. It's nice to know that this game has not been forgotten about just quite yet.
- 12:40am EDT - October 27th, 2007
I still need a 2 player mode...
- 1:11am EDT - October 27th, 2007
I think this game is kinda 'Forgotten', no one likes it that much anymore...[!]
- 2:34am EDT - October 27th, 2007
BUT WE DONT HAVE RUMBLE UNTIL NEXT YEAR DUH DUH AND I LOVE U ALL VERY VERY VERY VERY MUCH
- 2:58am EDT - October 27th, 2007
I dont think so Clarky..... not forgotten at all. still top 5 in my books. Looks like cool update to me. getcha rumble on baby..
- 3:38am EDT - October 27th, 2007
Like he said snakeboy...Import. Is the dual shock released anywhere yet? If so, there's probably some floating on ebay or somewhere else online for sure. And this game still kicks. I don't think it'll be put on the backburner until the likes of GT5, MGS4, Haze, and or Unreal come out.
- 4:32am EDT - October 27th, 2007
this is great news yo. I personally can't wait till spring for DS3, i'm getting mine from abroad..... get it a broad.... lol motorstorm is that hot hot hot ish! Gone to update my game rite now!
- 4:38am EDT - October 27th, 2007
"I still need a 2 player mode..."
- 5:18am EDT - October 27th, 2007
Time to import a rumble controller.
- 5:27am EDT - October 27th, 2007
Ey, im pretty sure that the patch also adds three new tracks!!! Im sure that we'll be able to buy it next week! go to the time attack mode and cycle trought the levels!
- 7:47am EDT - October 27th, 2007
are you sure its out for the U.S? Didn't update my game and couldnt find a new motorstorm patch in the psn.....but this patch is gonna be sweet addon :D
- 11:10am EDT - October 27th, 2007
Still would love split-screen but at least try keep working at it. More than you can say about other games.
- 1:43pm EDT - October 27th, 2007
psn id: gingo... rumble will be awesome nadi cant wait to get hold of a duelshock 3 its really annoying it doesn't come out till next year
- 2:47pm EDT - October 27th, 2007
i just wana kno if there is guna be a motorstorm 2
- 3:44pm EDT - October 27th, 2007
Dont care for rumble, but as usual Sony 1st party always listens to their fans, good job Sony.
- 6:30pm EDT - October 27th, 2007
Anyways, we'll keep you updated on MotorStorm and its sequel throughout the coming months.
- 7:18pm EDT - October 27th, 2007
got my dual shock 3 off the internet :) will be arriving about 3 to 5 days later after the release in japan to my door step :)
- 9:44pm EDT - October 27th, 2007
wow beautiful update, i really need to import a ds3. To many games are supporting it arleady, i cant wait untill spring its to long.
- 11:48pm EDT - October 27th, 2007
What are you guys talking about? THERE IS NO UPDATE YET. They haven't updated it.
I logged on without BEING prompted to DOWNLOAD update 3.0. There IS NO UPDATE, NOT YET ANYWAY.
EDIT: Thanks for telling us that the UPDATE was for EUROPEANS ONLY. You guys made it sound like it was available everywhere. It would be appreciated if guys were a little more informative...
- 4:54am EDT - October 28th, 2007
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!