PSU: New Wardevil Screenshots and details
- Posted February 14th, 2008 at 00:21 EDT by
- 41 Comments
Only a week after our first Wardevil Update, the Digi-Guys have released new images showing off the further changes to Wardevil Project, as well as providing us with some new information.
According to the Digi-Guys, these shots are just a taste of what is to come. Keep in mind that they are currently working on not only a game, but a Blu-ray CGI film as well that coincides with Wardevil's storyline.
For a quick overview about Wardevil and its storyline, check out our preview here, or our last week's update here.
Here are the latest details about Wardevil:
- They are not finished with the game yet, still adding improvements both gameplay wise and graphically.
- They are making good use of the SPU's and streaming off of the Blu-ray disc
- Their goal is to get the Blu-ray film & game to look as identical as possible... so there is no transition between game/cinematic
- They will not be at GDC this year, however expect to see new updates to their website around the same time.
Here are the latest images: (Click to view larger versions)
- 7:26pm EST - February 13th, 2008
- 7:28pm EST - February 13th, 2008
Looks great! Can't wait to see more on this in the near future. Great to hear that they are going to be making a CGI film to go along with it...anytime you can add story, the level of gaming is dramatically intensified.
- 7:28pm EST - February 13th, 2008
Wow those screenshots look amazing, any word on a possible release date? Also a blu-ray film would go nice beside this game, can't wait!
- 7:34pm EST - February 13th, 2008
- 7:35pm EST - February 13th, 2008
Looking good. Needs some bigger screens though.
RedDragon7 | Pheonix7
- 7:37pm EST - February 13th, 2008
Wow, I can't wait for some trailers. And I hope any new trailers get put up on the PSN so we can show 'em off in beautiful HD. Or i guess if they could put them in DivX format or something would be cool.
- 7:38pm EST - February 13th, 2008
@ Mr Fenwick
I will be getting some 1080p res screenshots soon for ya. Don't worry.
@ Red Dragon
There are trailers for Wardevil on PSU already if you want to see some tech demos
- 7:43pm EST - February 13th, 2008
that looks very cool. wonder how it's gonna play.
- 7:56pm EST - February 13th, 2008
One word [WOW]! I hope its coming this year .
- 8:07pm EST - February 13th, 2008
why does this remind me of a GOW type atmosphere, from what it looks like I think were in for another epic game, cant wait to hear more from digi
- 8:51pm EST - February 13th, 2008
I lived raw: a wardevil.
Great stuff. Just seems not nearly as impressive as before for some reason. I dunno.
- 8:57pm EST - February 13th, 2008
stovich, if the cgi level visuals from wardevil dont impress you, then there is no hope this gen of impressing you.
- 9:00pm EST - February 13th, 2008
This game looks amazing. Can hardly wait to play it. Yet another awesome ps3 exclusive.
- 9:38pm EST - February 13th, 2008
i hope the gameplay and the story are as good as the graphiques
- 9:43pm EST - February 13th, 2008
Insane from what i get from these screenshots this game has the potential to be a day one buy for me im very excited about it
- 10:10pm EST - February 13th, 2008
I wasn't interested before but now I'm in
- 11:55pm EST - February 13th, 2008
- 12:32am EST - February 14th, 2008
color me impressed
- 1:06am EST - February 14th, 2008
dragon1989 | abdesalam
- 1:20am EST - February 14th, 2008
wow this game is going to be a bomb
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!