GT5 Prologue gets patched in Japan
- Posted April 15th, 2008 at 11:44 EDT by
- 12 Comments
Japanese gamers have been gifted with yet another update for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The patch contains several fixes to the online aspects, as well as making a few changes to the ranking system and other miscellaneous fixes.
Full list of changes:
- The award of race credits are now allocated at a fixed rate regardless of the number of race participants.
- The High Speed Ring course diagram has been fixed.
- Some online ID's were appearing in grey in the entry list, this has been amended.
- Some online opponents appeared to "blur", this has been amended.
- Country and area information now appears next to the online ID in the ranking boards.
- Unusually high scores had been recorded in some Drift Trials, this has been rectified.
- When Drift Trial replays were saved, occasionally these appeared in the "Load as Ghost" option of Time Trials.
This has now been rectified.
Performance Points (PP)
- The method of calculating Performance Points has been revised, to balance vehicles in events with PP upper limits.
- LCD display has been added in the F2007 interior view.
- Some interiors and exteriors of some vehicle models have been revised.
- On occasion the Quick Tune gear ratio became impossible to reset in some cars, this has been amended.
- The manual has been updated.
- The button assignments will be reset when the update is applied.
- In line with the application of the update, all ranking data will also be reset.
The official website does tell its readers that all information listed on the site is for Japanese users only, it then tells you to refer to the website dedicated to your region for more information. Now, if your from the UK or the US then these websites contain no information about any patches being made available to these regions.
Stay tuned, as we hope to contact Sony on whether or not the patch will be released in those territories.
- 6:50am EDT - April 15th, 2008
- 6:50am EDT - April 15th, 2008
the download is available for the UK. Downloading as we speak.
- 7:11am EDT - April 15th, 2008
How about the Private Races!?
- 8:53am EDT - April 15th, 2008
Yepo downloading it here in Australia too, Ha the LCD screen on the F1 steering wheel actually displays something on it now.
- 9:15am EDT - April 15th, 2008
private races are needed big time...i think everyone wants to race a mate...even race invites??
its only a prologue but these features should have been there from the start!!!
- 9:19am EDT - April 15th, 2008
why wont they update the online so i can play with friends and not finding a random match for me, there should defenetly be lobbys and private matchs with mic support. Please bring out a patch for that PD
- 9:20am EDT - April 15th, 2008
This is great that they are already patching the online now.
- 11:55am EDT - April 15th, 2008
It would if they actually fixed the darn bugs on the online mode , and heck what about the GT-R screen ? please update it and put all the diffrent screens promised to us. Also please fix the dam tire sounds they are so annoying sometimes , otherwise good update ! i like how they are updating car interiors as i only play in car view , shows car damage has potential through a patch
- 1:55pm EDT - April 15th, 2008
psn id: gingo...... not really had a problem with any of these bugs but best to get them cleared
- 4:49pm EDT - April 15th, 2008
how bouts i just sighn into my JAO account and launch GT5P???
- 12:14am EDT - April 16th, 2008
the latest update is a joke there are so many issues with this game like the lag,no private races,diconection problems,unfair penalties,no voice,no f1 races online.but hey at least i got an lcd display for the f1 car.light years behind xbox live come on sony sort it out
- 1:21am EDT - April 16th, 2008
Does anyone actually know if they are planning to add friend matches and invites???
I saw something in the news section (in the game) saying that they were working on giving more online features but no specific details.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!