FF Versus XIII placed on hold
Square Enix hasn't been scoring any new PlayStation fans with their recent announcements regarding Star Ocean or The Last Remnant; however, they may try to even things out by getting Final Fantasy XIII out to the fans a bit sooner than expected.
In the latest Famitsu an interview was conducted with Tetsuya Nomura regarding both upcoming Final Fantasy titles. Nomura let it be known that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be placed on hold until the team finishes up Final Fantasy XIII. The reason given for this decision was that the majority of the Versus XIII development crew is now working full force on XIII's development.
On top of this announcement, Nomura also revealed that at their private invite-only event come August, both Versus XIII and XIII will only be displaying trailers and not playable demos. While this may not sound too positive for those of us waiting for an official release date to be announced, we can assume that this may push production forward a tad with the extra developer support.
The event in August is also going to display a variety of other trailers and playable demos for the current Square Enix lineup in development. We've included the list below.
- FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII（Mobile）Trailer
- KINGDOM HEARTS Coded（Mobile）Trailer
- KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days（DS）Trailer/Playable Demo
- KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep（PSP）Trailer/Playable Demo
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY（PSP）Trailer/Playable Demo
- The 3rd Birthday（Mobile）Trailer
- Sigma Harmonics（DS）Trailer/Playable Demo
- FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE（Movie／Blu-ray）Trailer
Invitees to the event will not be allowed to take photos, so here's to hoping some of these trailers and demos will be popping up at E3.