UK software charts: World at War keeps top spot
- Posted November 25th, 2008 at 06:29 EDT by
- 14 Comments
We've got the figures in for last week's UK all-format software sales, and things aren't looking very rosey for Sony's first party products. LittleBigPlanet slipped to 24th, while MotorStorm: Pacific Rift skipped the top forty entirely.
Call of Duty: World at War maintained its number one position despite a 51 per cent decline in sales, outselling second place entrant FIFA 09 more than twice over.
Mario Kart Wii, Wii Play, Wii Fit and Dr Kawashima's Brain Training all ended up in top ten, despite having been on sale basically forever. Need For Speed: Undercover defied its poor critical reception by nosing in at fourth, and Tomb Raider: Underworld struggled into ninth.
Here's the full list:
1. Call of Duty: World at War (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS)
2. FIFA 09 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS)
3. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
4. Need for Speed Undercover (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS)
5. Wii Fit (Wii)
6. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)
7. Football Manager 2009 (PC, PSP)
8. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
9. Tomb Raider: Underworld (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS)
10. Wii Play (Wii)
11. Guitar Hero: World Tour (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii)
12. Wii Music (Wii)
13. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii, DS)
14. Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
15. Left 4 Dead (PC, Xbox 360)
16. LEGO Indiana Jones (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS)
17. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS, PS2)
18. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)
19. LEGO Batman (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS)
20. Carnival: Funfair Games (Wii)
21. Kung Fu Panda (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS)
22. Quantum of Solace (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS)
23. Fallout 3 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
24. LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
25. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Wii)
26. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (DS)
27. Shaun White Snowboarding (Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS)
28. Mirror's Edge (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
29. Midnight Club: Los Angeles (Xbox 360, PS3)
30. High School Musical 3: Senior Year (DS)
31. MySims Kingdom (Wii, DS)
32. Ben 10: Protector of Earth (Wii, DS, PS2, PSP)
33. Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360, PS3)
34. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC)
35. WALL-E (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS)
36. Tiger Woods PGA Tour '09 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii)
37. SEGA Superstars Tennis (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS)
38. Far Cry 2 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
39. SingStar ABBA (PS3, PS2)
40. Project Gotham Racing (Xbox 360)
- 1:33am EST - November 25th, 2008
a lot of good games low on that list and a lot of crappy wii games higher on the list. sad to see games like lbp and fallout 3 not doing as well as they should be.
- 1:44am EST - November 25th, 2008
no. 24!!! omg i'm sick of that damn wii!
- 2:04am EST - November 25th, 2008
fallout 3 is buggy and LBP does not have the install base being a PS3 IP...it's sad I know
- 2:04am EST - November 25th, 2008
well i bought LBP so i feel ive done my part in helping out the amazing creators over @ Media Molecule. People if you want more AAA first party titles for PS3, then reward the Devs that make them for us and buy the games.
- 2:47am EST - November 25th, 2008
Wii Music......... outsold LBP. Wow. This generation is going to down. I am not looking forwards to what comes next.
- 3:15am EST - November 25th, 2008
Agree Wii music is dire beyond belief, in fact all Wii games are dire beyond belief, IN FACT the Wii is dire full stop. Every tuesday we all pile round someones for a gaming session and a couple of friends have Wii's (sad i know) and when its their turn to host there is a general feeling of (oh god we are going to have to play the Wii) dissapointment. Lets face it, on the whole its rubbish, but you gotta hand it to the tendo camp, they really have sucked in the punters. And i cant believe that pacific rift didnt even figure, its superb, i give up
- 4:34am EST - November 25th, 2008
you can tell how bad the wii is, after you have wii sports, mariokart and wii fit there's no point even thinking about any others. i would never play on it alone. it can't even play dvd's. lame. for that matter has the ds got anything other than brain training. sucks too.
- 6:22am EST - November 25th, 2008
@ 7... wii is not a bad system it is a party /group sytem not really a hardcore gaming system and lots of ppl like that.. reminds them of simple gaming from b4.. don't forget your roots man.. nintendo!!. ( btw i don't own one just giving crdit where it' due) and this list is crazy!!!.. LBP 24??? i can understand fifa09 had that day 1,, and cod5 is doin alot better than i thouht it would..
- 6:51am EST - November 25th, 2008
wii sucks all agreed
- 6:59am EST - November 25th, 2008
well people in the UK should be getting Resistance 2 ..ive pre ordered my copy and the rest of you should based on what ive heard its really good and im refusing to get COD WaW... most of my friends hav it and thy regret it !
BTW LBP should be top 10 and sony really has to advertise more on the PS3 in the UK and they wil gain the returs later im sure! and i will be picking up Motorstorm Pacific Rift for xmas :)
- 7:42am EST - November 25th, 2008
there´s a lot of gay ppl in this planet.... :S
- 12:14pm EST - November 25th, 2008
I have to say that many of those games should b at a lower rank if u ask me....not just because imma ps3 owner... just overall....i think they should take a look into it again...cuz i think this list is crap!! anyone else agree?!?
- 3:03pm EST - November 25th, 2008
I agree with most of you guys that this list is a little jacked. But you have to understand something. Games like Little Big Planet and other comparable strokes of game development genious, take a level of intelligence to appreciate and enjoy. Sorry to say, but your average gaming consumer is not very intelligent. They want what's brainless and easily accessible. Take Gears of War 2. A ridiculous and repetitive romp of duck, dodge, shoot, duck, dodge, shoot, with a horribly cliched storyline, gameplay mechanics identical to the first game, and some shiny graphics. Yet it's well in front of the awesome greatness that is LBP. Why? Because it's brainless and easily accessible. This is about all we can expect from the everyday video game consumer guys. Sorry, I know it sucks.
- 3:34am EST - November 30th, 2008
A sad sad day for any real gamer.....