Sony mocks IGN's PSP2 rumors
- Posted January 27th, 2009 at 15:54 EDT by
- 42 Comments
Earlier today, we reported on IGN's rumor that Sony certainly has the next PlayStation Portable handheld device in the works. In response, Sony has humorously commented on IGN's rumors in an email exchange with MCV. It goes without saying that large corporations, such as Sony, usually stick to the "no comment" stance with any and all rumors and speculation. This time, however, they're taking their gloves off a tad.
"Clearly, being a quiet time of year, many, what we thought to be credible websites, are making up stories about PSP2, and how it allows you to teleport across the globe, travel through time, and will be powered by the horns of baby rhinoceroses," MCV's source 'close to Sony' explained. "Hopefully, you can sense a mild tone of sarcasm, which should hopefully indicate how 'on the money' IGN are. Needless to say, we don't comment on rumour or speculation, but this is nonsense."
Only one side of this story can be right. While it would be fantastic to get our hands on a time-traveling PSP2 powered by rhinoceroses horns, we might not see that until PSP3. Let's see how things play out.
- 10:58am EST - January 27th, 2009
yeahhhhhhh them's some fightin wordzzz
your rebutle IGN???
- 10:59am EST - January 27th, 2009
haha good comeback sony!!
- 11:01am EST - January 27th, 2009
Sony has to save their rears for the hundreds of thousands of PSP's on the shelves. It would be a mess if Sony announced a new PSP that is scheduled for possibly the end of this year, or 2010. Sony can't fool anyone, surely they're working on something. The PSP needs help!
- 11:06am EST - January 27th, 2009
ign got owned!
lordAlucard | sympozium_666
- 11:19am EST - January 27th, 2009
Comeback of the year IGN got pwned
- 11:33am EST - January 27th, 2009
You got served IGN
- 11:38am EST - January 27th, 2009
I thought the original PSP was already powered by the horns of baby rhinoceroses? The time-travelling feature for PSP is being finely tuned at the moment. But the teleporting across the globe feature was ditched in favour of a trophy system for the PSP instead. :)
- 12:06pm EST - January 27th, 2009
3. Yeah I understand the PSP needs help.. it has only sold above 40.000.000 units.. I know this is far from the Nintendo device..but it hardly sounds like a system that needs help.
- 12:06pm EST - January 27th, 2009
i got a homebrew on my psp that alows me to time-travel...
- 12:09pm EST - January 27th, 2009
LOL, they got hit on the mouth, they deserve it, they are so biased.
- 12:16pm EST - January 27th, 2009
lol people still read IGN?
- 12:25pm EST - January 27th, 2009
IGN got owned, but for some reason i still think sony really is making a PSP2
- 12:32pm EST - January 27th, 2009
Rumor has it that Microsoft is coming out with a new handheld to compete with the PSP and DS. However, instead of having a rechargeable battery and a start switch, it will be gas powered and will have a pull start (spark plug and gas cap are sold seperately). *yank * *yank* *yank* *yank* *yank* *yank* *yank* rangyangyangyangyangpoppoppop *BACKFIRE* *engine dies* *puffs out a red smoke ring*
- 12:33pm EST - January 27th, 2009
Sony was rather quick to respond and in a different way too. Doesn't anyone think that this just solidifies IGN's claims, or at least their theory of a PSP2 coming soon?
- 12:44pm EST - January 27th, 2009
Sounds like IGN hit a bullseye! Good job. Now it won't be long untill we hear an official anouncment. See what good press and research does.
- 12:58pm EST - January 27th, 2009
1solidsnake | solid1snake67
- 1:03pm EST - January 27th, 2009
ahh. this isn't true lol there has to be a psp2 in area 51 covered in dust. lol i really did hope for a psp 2
- 1:23pm EST - January 27th, 2009
The PSP2 needs to launch this year, so Sony can stop re-hashing the same old piece of hardware trying to prevent homebrew. Hombrew is the only thing the PSP has going for it.
- 1:29pm EST - January 27th, 2009
holy s**** the psp2 could teleport me across the globe!!!!! no way im so getting the psp2 when it comes out! lol
- 1:33pm EST - January 27th, 2009
lmao!! Love it... serves them right for reporting on stupid rumours just after Sony said NO to the project.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!