Guerrilla Games creates Killzone 2 "must-do" list
- Posted February 28th, 2009 at 21:03 EDT by Eric Blattberg
- 24 Comments
Guerrilla Games' producer Seb Downie created a list of things gamers "must do" while playing Killzone 2 when prompted by MTV Multiplayer. We're happy that Guerrilla Games employees emerged from the hectic launch process with their sense of humors intact, as the included list is quite amusing. Here are the 14 things you absolutely have to do if you pick up Killzone 2.
Guerrilla Games Developers’ Must-Do List For Players of “Killzone 2”
(PlayStation Fantasy Garden Simulator, February 2009)
1. On the mine-train in Tharsis Refinery, find the hidden Boltgun and nail Helghast soldiers to the tunnel walls. Its rewarding in more ways than one.
2. After playing online, go to http://www.killzone.com to view the Battle Replay of your game to see how you can improve your performance. Or you can use it to spy on the tactics deployed by a rival clan.
3. Rank up to Sergeant and create a Clan in-game or on http://www.killzone.com to take part in massive tournaments of up to 256 clans, or challenge rival clans for ‘valor’, the online currency of the game.
4. Keep an eye out for the [GG] Clan when you are online and see if you can take out a developer or two.
5. In the slums of Salamun District wait till the Helghast rappel from the dropship before exploding the yellow barrels. It will take them out in one fiery blast and often enough their burning corpses will swing from the rafters above. Killzone 2 is all about the burning corpses.
6. Upload your single player stats to http://www.killzone.com to compare them with your friends for bragging rights as well as catch up on the latest news, content and gossip on the forums.
7. In Killzone 2 multiplayer for search-and-destroy and capture-and-hold missions: select the tactician badge with the speed boost secondary ability to take one for the team. Rush the objective and pop a spawn point making it much easier for your team to gain the upper hand.
8. When playing online search-and-retrieve missions: Let your enemies do your work for you! As the saboteur, Ambush the delivery location with C4, don a disguise, and wait for your enemy propaganda carrier to come by. Once he blows up, you only need to carry the propaganda speaker a few short steps to victory!
9. In multiplayer: Look at what weapons your fallen adversaries are carrying! By picking up their weapons you can end up with some deadly combinations of abilities and weapons, such as the heavy armor of an assault trooper with the LMG of a rifleman; or a cloaked scout wielding a shotgun (Devastating at close quarters!)
10. When playing multiplayer, press the PS button and bring up the XMB. You can then listen to custom music from your PS3 to go with your killing sprees. Nothing says “Kill the ISA scum” like the super swinging sounds of Burt Bacharach.
11. In Maelstra barrens, rather than wasting valuable ammunition on the traitorous Helghast, step on them with your Exo-skeleton instead. Much more satisfying and you might even get a trophy for it.
12. In multiplayer try to place your gun turrets and sentry bots near spawn markers to offer defense for spawning re-enforcements. Also try to place sentry bots or turrets near your own ammo crates. In short, think carefully about where you place support items and try to place them next to other support items.
13. Use the shotgun close range on enemy heads to blow them apart like ripe fruit. Also makes a very satisfying squishy noise.
14. To see what the AI is capable of, why not add some bots to your multiplayer games. They will perform most of the abilities human players can and not complain if you team-kill or tea-bag them.
- 4:11pm EST - February 28th, 2009
LOL this is a good list i already did a couple of these ....... ROFL at #14
- 4:16pm EST - February 28th, 2009
intersting way to put a fun spin on your own game. i havent been able to paly the game yet, but my time will come shortly... i eagerly await the end of Lent to play this game
- 4:18pm EST - February 28th, 2009
alright sick i done the playing music in the background one everytime i play online its such a made trait in killzone
and watching ur battle in the website is pretty sick especially if u had a really good round
- 4:18pm EST - February 28th, 2009
"They will not complain if you team kill or tea bag them"
lol too funny.
AsuraOkami | AsuraOkami
- 4:22pm EST - February 28th, 2009
i like #14 thats hilarious.
- 5:10pm EST - February 28th, 2009
Right, I've got a new to do list, only done number 14 so far.
Squishing helgast with the exo sounds like a laugh too.
- 5:37pm EST - February 28th, 2009
HILARIOUS AT #14!
- 5:55pm EST - February 28th, 2009
HAHA thats SO FUNNY #14 ZOMG ZOMG IM ENGRAVInG THAT ON MY PS3 HAAHA ROFL SO FUNNY NUMBER 14 HAHA U CRAZY PSU WRITER
- 6:07pm EST - February 28th, 2009
lol. yeah i t-bag the damn higs all the time.
- 6:38pm EST - February 28th, 2009
ill start doing this list cha!!!!!!!
- 7:01pm EST - February 28th, 2009
#14 = Perfection
- 9:46pm EST - February 28th, 2009
how have you been playing for 20 days when it came out 3 days ago? KZ2 is amazing and utterly gratifying watching their bodies twist and contort when you shoot the f*** out of them.
- 12:44am EST - March 1st, 2009
I like numbers 13 and 14.
- 4:22am EST - March 1st, 2009
I thought i was the only one who knew you could play music in skirmish and online
- 4:34am EST - March 1st, 2009
aw man i just found out that amazon.co.uk just sent this out!! THAT MEANS I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 4-5 DAYS!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i soooo badly wanna do this list.... STUPID AMAZON!!
- 4:36am EST - March 1st, 2009
I didn't even know I could listen to my own music. Now, if they would just fix the multiplayer controls..
- 5:30am EST - March 1st, 2009
Hmm, I came here expecting a list of stuff they have to work on and bring us via DLC.... stooopidd me.
- 11:02am EST - March 1st, 2009
love how killzone 2 is great for teabagging :)
- 2:12pm EST - March 1st, 2009
this game is incredible,and seems to contain many events,these are the ps3`s exclusives!
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!