Bethesda unveils Fallout: New Vegas, details coming soon
- Posted April 20th, 2009 at 15:37 EDT by
- 40 Comments
Bethesda has announced a brand new Fallout game during a press event in London today. The game has been named Fallout: New Vegas, and is planned for release in 2010 for the Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3.
Unfortunately, Bethesda’s Pete Hines was reluctant to divulge much of any details on the project, other than the fact it’s in the works.
However, we do know that the game is being developed by Obsidian, the team behind the class RPG Neverwinter Knights 2, and that it’ll use the same engine as Fallout 3.
More details are expected soon.
Dave-The-Rave | Dave-The-Rave
- 10:40am EDT - April 20th, 2009
This is gonna be sweet !!
- 10:48am EDT - April 20th, 2009
Maybe I'll actually buy this game if Besthesda isn't such a POS about exclusive content.
- 10:52am EDT - April 20th, 2009
Announced by Bethesda, developed by Obsidian?
Anyways, I'm still having fun with F3, I'm not ready for a new one yet...
- 10:54am EDT - April 20th, 2009
wow that was unexpected! I thought it would be ES V... which is what I want more actually :p
- 11:01am EDT - April 20th, 2009
Hope the ps3 version gets as much attention like the 360 did w/ fallout 3....either way excited about new game
psn id J08hawks
- 11:05am EDT - April 20th, 2009
Obsidian developed Neverwinter NIGHTS 2, not Neverwinter Knights 2 :)
lordAlucard | sympozium_666
- 11:05am EDT - April 20th, 2009
More like the same engine for Oblivion I wanna new Elder Scrolls. But I think this could be like the shivering isles I don't understand why they wouldn't
- 11:14am EDT - April 20th, 2009
I just hope the PS3 version is better this time around. The frame rate in Fallout 3 was horibble. This should not happend in this day and age!!! Once again the 360 got the great version which pisses me off.
- 11:17am EDT - April 20th, 2009
want a new elder scrolls please
- 11:28am EDT - April 20th, 2009
I hope they learned the lesson about level caps.
- 11:33am EDT - April 20th, 2009
What about a new Oblivion?
Bring some dragons
You can Pick animal to help you, like: dog (bite and bark), hawk ( see the enemies from far and pick objects that you can't reach) and so on.
And of course, use the Cry Engine 3.
- 11:37am EDT - April 20th, 2009
Awesome! Fallout 3 was even better than Oblivion!
- 11:56am EDT - April 20th, 2009
@trustter am with you on all that
- 11:58am EDT - April 20th, 2009
You guys, Bethesda already said they're working on TES V, I'm guessing this is a branch working on a separate game.
- 12:10pm EDT - April 20th, 2009
I thought they were creating Rouge Warrior
- 12:31pm EDT - April 20th, 2009
Fallout 3 is a good game I just hope this one doesn't release with as many bugs as I have found in 3.
- 12:38pm EDT - April 20th, 2009
No more FallBug for m.
- 12:39pm EDT - April 20th, 2009
Hopefully it'll have the same DLC on each console, but no doubt Microsoft will buy some exclusive content.
- 12:51pm EDT - April 20th, 2009
Yeah, where the heck is Elder scrolls 5?
- 1:27pm EDT - April 20th, 2009
I love Fallout 3 on my PS3, but it really chaps my pants that I have to buy the PC version or the Xbawks version to get extra stuff or to even finish side quests after beating it.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!