[UPDATE] Final Fantasy XIII-2 announced, due out "next winter"
- Posted January 18th, 2011 at 14:24 EDT by Mike Harradence
- 32 Comments
Square's confirmed that FFXIII-2 will hit North America and Europe "next winter." The firm also dropped a few extra tidbits on the sequel for our consumption, revealing it'll feature "a battle system which has evolved further since XIII," and an all-new story that follows on from FFXIII. Check out the debut trailer below.
Square Enix has officially lifted the lid on the long-rumored Final Fantasy XIII-2 during its First Production Department presser in Japan today.
Details are thin on the ground, though it’s been confirmed that Motomu Toriyama will direct the project, with murmurs suggesting it’ll be produced by Yoshinori Kitase.
Square teased the sequel with a new character accompanying FFXIII heroine Lightning, as well as showcasing the game’s logo.
FFXIII-2 is due out on PS3 and Xbox 360 in Japan at some point in 2011. Stay tuned for more as it breaks.
- 5:22am EST - January 18th, 2011
Jesus i can't believe they actually sayd that versus 13 and 13 are at the same level in development now part 2 it's coming out faster than versus this is incredible...
- 5:36am EST - January 18th, 2011
- 5:43am EST - January 18th, 2011
This is the first time in a very long time that I can honestly say I could care less about FF. I thought 13 was garbage. Square needs to take this series back to its roots. These newer versions of the franchise suck.
- 5:44am EST - January 18th, 2011
Why bother square!? I hated 13 with a passion! worst game I've played let alone a Final Fantasy, if you want to do something right, remake 7-9!
- 5:58am EST - January 18th, 2011
I hope it comes out i the EU in 2011 too. FFXIII was one of my favourate FF titles (Even though everyone else hates it). Needless to say i am officially excited!
- 5:59am EST - January 18th, 2011
People complaining about a sequel to XIII need to calm down a bit... XIII wasn't an amazing game but you don't know anything about XIII-2 and we all saw that it was coming. No point criticising it now when you have no evidence to suggest it will be bad, wait for more info and if you still don't like it express your view in a clear non-fanboyism way.
- 6:06am EST - January 18th, 2011
I knew it!
I knew it when i posted that gift that SE members got of a picture of Lightning with the words "Don't let her be forgotten" or something along those lines.
- 6:53am EST - January 18th, 2011
First day buy for me.
- 7:22am EST - January 18th, 2011
- 8:21am EST - January 18th, 2011
I had a whole rant typed up but the damn login system doesent work so its all gone basicaly *insert massive rant on the scale of the last one here*
- 8:33am EST - January 18th, 2011
Today's episode of PSU.com has been brought to you by the words Square, Exnix and Fail. See you next time!
- 9:28am EST - January 18th, 2011
If you hate this site, why dont you just leave then?
- 9:29am EST - January 18th, 2011
So she's a valyrie now...
- 9:37am EST - January 18th, 2011
the number XIII turns me off .
- 9:51am EST - January 18th, 2011
will it have :
- towns with people to talk to, weapon/armor shops that get better equipment as you progress into the game?
- a good experience system (not a ripoff of the sperier who was the most pitiful XP sytem ever)?
- free roaming from the start?
- aeons/summons respectfully used, not transforming into whatever and using special attacks like Street Fighter?
- non ridiculous characters
if the answer is not yes to all (and already the stupid black guy who walks like he has a terminal disease is in the game) I won't buy it
Hulious777 | EviL_JoE_DirT
- 9:52am EST - January 18th, 2011
HOPEFULLY, they listen to the fans. As mush as i hate 13, i will probably get this. So it will be release in japan this winter, that sucks for the whole world. I feel the fans outrage.
- 10:01am EST - January 18th, 2011
Nobody cares OKAY! Squere Enix!!!! Your last game sucked!
- 10:26am EST - January 18th, 2011
I find it amazing how many people are assuming XIII-2 is going to be a bad game, even though we know little about the game. I doubt XIII-2 will be any worse than XIII, especially when Square just said in an interview they were going to make XIII-2 even better and make improvements to the gameplay.
- 11:13am EST - January 18th, 2011
why doesnt SE like money? quit making these bad games
- 11:17am EST - January 18th, 2011
Awesome! I so cannot wait FFXIII-2 as I LOVED Final Fantasy XIII.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!