SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy Seals PS3 betas dated, Bomb Squad detailed
- Posted March 7th, 2011 at 09:48 EDT by Justin Pinter
- 3 Comments
Sony and Zipper Interactive have revealed the dates for SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy Seals’ forthcoming online multiplayer beta, as well as providing details on the Bomb Squad mode which will be one of four modes available in the multiplayer teaser.
The new Bomb Squad mode has a team of players protecting a selected Bomb Technician, whose job is to diffuse explosives placed throughout locations on the map. Gamers must defend the technician from insurgents using cover fire and other tactics. The Bomb Technician isn't defenseless, though; he carries an automatic shotgun, mobile grenade launcher, and comes heavily stacked in armor.
The beta will include four multiplayer modes (Suppression, Bomb Squad, Last Defense and Uplink), two maps (Port Authority and Assault & Battery), Standard / Classic mode types, and will support both PlayStation Move and 3D TV functionality.
Beta dates are as follows:
- March 15: A private beta goes live. Sony will be contacting eligible players soon.
- March 22: PlayStation Plus members will gain access to the beta.
- March 29: Anyone with a beta code included with Killzone 3 gains entry.
- April 5: The beta will be freely downloadable to anyone via PlayStation Network.
Check out new screenshots of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy Seals here.
- 5:34am EST - March 7th, 2011
I sure hope you'll be able to use the PS move assualt rifle attachment like in KZ3, i really want it but its so expensive but the more games that come out that support it, the more reason to get it
- 5:54am EST - March 7th, 2011
Can't wait to get started.
- 9:54am EST - March 7th, 2011
Im totally not excited and wont be getting this but I still hope its fun to play. I dont give demos or betas much a chance either. I just want ps3 to have a better Socom than the last ;p
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!