Japan: PSP tramples on 3DS for second week running
- Posted April 14th, 2011 at 11:42 EDT by Mike Harradence
- 3 Comments
Sony’s PSP might be struggling to pull in the punters in the west, but things over in The Land of the Rising Sun are another kettle of fish altogether, with the handheld yet again trumping Nintendo’s 3DS in the weekly hardware race.
The pint-sized platform raked in another 35,478 units for the week ended April 4, while 3DS had to settle for second place with 32,910 units shifted.
In what has been an auspicious couple of weeks for Sony, PlayStation 3 once again continued its lead over the Wii, moving 22,431 units, down slightly from last week’s 27,453.
Check out the full hardware Top Ten below (via Andriasang), where you’ll also find a rundown of the latest Software charts.
PSP: 35,478 (57,379)
3DS: 32,910 (42,979)
PS3: 22,431 (27,453)
Wii: 8,825 (10,249)
DSi LL: 8,386 (9,706)
DSi: 8,035 (9,566)
Xbox 360: 1,906 (1,789)
PS2: 1,395 (1,996)
DS Lite: 514 (629)
PSP go: 356 (696)
01. Earth Defense Forces 2 Portable (PSP, D3) - 63,795
02. Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional (DS, Square Enix) - 42,397 (205,405)
03. Ebicore + Amagami (PSP, Kadokawa) - 23,849 (93,070)
04. Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (PSP, Square Enix) - 19,392 (154,946)
05. Dynasty Warriors 7 (PS3, Tecmo Koei) - 17,002 (400,608)
06. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP, Capcom) - 12,060 (4,429,577)
07. Kimi ni Todoke Tsutaeru Kimochi (DS, Namco Bandai) - 11,229
08. Nintendogs + Cats (3DS, Nintendo) - 10,997 (182,519)
09. Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP, Square Enix,) - 9,484 (428,619)
10. Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity (PSP, Sega): 8,822 (321,241)
- 7:23am EDT - April 14th, 2011
i still dont get why the japanese are so obssessed with handheld systems...
- 2:16pm EDT - April 14th, 2011
Maybe they are as disappointed with the launch line-up as I am?
@ tristan: cause some ppl have to go outside... you know; to work or travel! (smack talk) anyways it would be pretty hard to lug a 42" HDTV and that black barricade known as PS3 around... on the bus/tube/airplane.
- 5:16pm EDT - April 14th, 2011
@1 - Yeah the Japanese, as a gerneral rule are one the go a lot due to communtes and such to work, school etc and tend to do a lot of their gaming on the go. Thus handhelds thrive. Phones are integrated in the Japanese culture MUCH more than any other region in the world. They do everything with those things.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!