PSU’s predictions for 2012: We see into the future
If you’ve listened to our last episode of PlayStation Derailed, then you’ll know that we had quite a bit of fun trying to predict what will happen in the land of PlayStation throughout 2012.
We might be terribly wrong, but we may also be quite spot on. If you haven’t listened to the episode yet—and you should—then you can take a look at some of our predictions below.
Mike Harradence // PSU.com Managing Editor
- God of War 4 revealed at E3.
- Quantic Dream will reveal their next game at E3.
- PS Vita price cut to $199.
- Hideo Kojima’s next game will be announced and shown in some capacity at TGS.
- Resident Evil 6 delayed until 2013.
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be shown in real-time this year.
- Kingdom Hearts 3. TGS.
Don Oliveira // PSU.com East Coast Editor
- PlayStation Vita will lower in price before December 2012 to $179.
- New Dualshock 3 controller colors (cross your fingers for see-through colors).
- Sony will mention a Vita & PS3 bundle by year’s end.
- The Last Guardian will be released in September.
- Revival of the Rock Band / Guitar Hero franchises.
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will not meet up to sales expectations.
- Call of Duty will finally be sold in two separate packages: single-player and multiplayer.
- Respawn Studios will show their upcoming game at E3
Rob Zwetsloot // PSU.com Freelance Writer
- PS3 system clock will work correctly with 2012 leap year.
- PlayStation Home will host the Olympics.
- Final Fantasy XIV will be canceled on PS3.
- Diablo 3 delayed until 2013.
- No PlayStation 4 announced this year.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 will sport the Sonic CD port engine, 2-player co-op, and feature a 2D art style.
- The Last Guardian will not be released in 2012.
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be announced as multiplatform.
So what do you think? You can share your predictions with us in the comments section below, or send them to email@example.com to have them read on the show.