PS3 update 4.25 increases PS Plus cloud size tonight
- Posted September 11th, 2012 at 17:11 EDT by Timothy Nunes
- 10 Comments
It was announced early this summer that the PlayStation Cloud will increase from 150 megabytes to a full gigabyte, and that previously announced update will be coming tonight.
The limitations with the small cloud space will be a thing of the past. Personally, I've hit the wall that the 150 megabytes offers, but I wonder what else the full gigabyte is meant for besides the saves. Regardless of its full intentions, we will have a lot more space dedicated to backing up our save files.
Via PS Blog
- 5:17pm EDT - September 11th, 2012
If I'm honest, ever since PS+ first provided cloud saves, I always thought it was 150GB - it wasn't until PSU started producing these articles about increasing the storage and pointed it out that I realised it was in fact 150MB. I personally don't have PS+ yet, so not noticing the exact storage limit is forgivable, but 150MB is nothing, so I'm glad those that use it are getting an increase to a full Gig. Shame it's not 150 of them though, eh?
- 5:49pm EDT - September 11th, 2012
Super happy about this, tired of messages saying couldn't save or update when I start up my PS3 b/c there's no more room.
berndogskate | berndogskate
- 8:07pm EDT - September 11th, 2012
Agreed, no more worries if your hard drive fails
- 10:01pm EDT - September 11th, 2012
@#%$ update 4.25 froze my PS3 slim halfway in the start screen during it's restart - but I was able to recover it!...
1) first I just help down the power button for over 10 seconds - I was trying for a hard reboot, nothing changed but...
2) after some time the system did eventually try to restart itself - the screen when black, the power button blinked green, but still not change..
3) after that I pulled the plug (cringe) and just started it as usual and it worked! When asked to scan the system for errors I just cancelled it by pressing "back" (cicle I think... it's written at the bottom anyways).
I don't recommend this, but it's something to try if you're desperate like I was...
- 10:26pm EDT - September 11th, 2012
@Digital Beast... I was in a panic. I couldn't find any resources and PSU looked like a place I could find help... if that's trolling then I appologize to the community.
... isn't a very friendly place, that I'll say...
- 12:51am EDT - September 12th, 2012
Every community has unfriendly members, no real way to get around it.
Gameoholic007 | Demented007
- 1:18am EDT - September 12th, 2012
I don't think this cloud stuff is ready for gaming yet, specially when it comes to size. In all, I think the cloud service is crap. I back up all my data on a external HDD, and have no problems. I also don't trust online servers to save my gaming data either. People are too damn lazy anymore to do things themselves.
ttech10 | Scheller
- 2:30am EDT - September 12th, 2012
@4, it sounds like it was just a typical console freeze. That it happened after an update is coincidence.
Anyways, I just had mine update and restart successfully, also on a Slim. The freeze you described sounds like the ones that happen when the browser freezes on me.
It's crazy that the PS Cloud thing was only 150MB. Between FIFA 12 and Skyrim alone I would require over 200MB.
- 6:24am EDT - September 12th, 2012
@8 how do you back up your locked saves to external? ,-)
- 10:31am EDT - September 13th, 2012
seems like a waste to me right now i dont keep that much crap on my ps3 but tks for the update guys now hook it up with a map pack or something me love you long time then prob will anyways from the looks of your ps4 u guys still got my vote forsure
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!