According to DigitalBattle.com, a tipster left a mysterious PDF in their mailbox, which explores new features EA and DICE plan to implement in Battlefield 3.
Apparently this PDF was meant for investors only, and there is no word yet from EA or DICE on this PDF's legitimacy.
Here are the list of details outlined in the PDF file:
* Release in late 2008
* Powered by Frostbite DX (Direct X compatable?)
* Set in year modern day
* Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
* Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
* Same ticket-based gameplay style as before
* Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
* Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are Battalions which consist of three to four squads.
* Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
* Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
* Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
* Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
* Possible public beta in Summer 2008
* Online stats tracking, awards and real world ranks
* Soldier feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
* Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships
* In-game replay and recording feature
* VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and extensive clan support
* Built-in auto software updater
* Widows Vista and OS X
* Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.
If the new Battlefield is running on the Frostbite engine, players can probably expect to see the game on more than just PC.
With a supposed announcement in January along with a teaser trailer, we will see if this news is true or not. Until then, stay tuned to PSU for any updates.