Black Ops 4 Beta Start Times
The beta is a timed-exclusive for PS4, with Xbox One and PC players not getting into the action until August 10. The start times for the Black Ops 4 beta are as follows:
- PlayStation 4 (Starts: August 3 at 6pm BST – Ends: August 6 at 6pm BST)
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (Starts: August 10 at 6pm BST – Ends: August 13 at 6pm BST)
- PC Beta Early Access (Starts: August 10 at 6pm BST) *PC exclusively on Battle.Net
- PC Open Beta (Starts: August 11 at 6pm BST – Ends: August 13 at 6pm BST)
This first phase will give players access to the multiplayer mode, with the Blackout, Battle Royale beta access available in September. The latter will be a private invitation beta, though details of how to enter have not been revealed.
Further details of the multiplayer beta have been revealed:
For the Private Multiplayer Beta, players will begin fighting through six maps – two of which will make their first public appearance. Additionally, fans will play new Specialists and reacquaint themselves with returning Specialists Nomad and Prophet, who will be bringing with them brand-new gameplay mechanics built for Black Ops 4. Some additional intel…
Modes of Play
The Private Multiplayer Beta will feature fan-favorite game modes like Team Deathmatch, Domination, Hardpoint, and Search & Destroy, alongside our brand-new objective-based game mode, Control, which was designed to bring out the best of Black Ops 4 Multiplayer gameplay.
In Control, teams alternate rounds between attacking and defending two static objectives. Each team has a limited number of lives in this first-to-three wins match-up, so strategic strikes and defensive positioning are key, making for some fast and frenetic gunfights.
- We’ve brought the Pick 10 system back to Create-a-Class to give players complete customization over their loadout, and with its return comes a few new changes.
- Load out with Special Issue Equipment that’s designed exclusively for each Specialist without costing a point against Pick 10.
- Gear is an all new slot designed to up the ante on your style of gameplay. Need cheaper Scorestreaks? COMSEC Device. Heal faster? Stim Shot. Gain an advantage in situational awareness? Acoustic Sensor. Only one piece of Gear can be used per loadout, so choose wisely.
- Weapons now have unique sets of attachments, including a new class of powerful attachments called Operator Mods, to really focus each gun on its individual role in combat.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 releases on October 12, 2018.