The Borderlands 3 update 1.15 patch notes have been confirmed today by developer Gearbox, and comes with a boatload of new content for the loot-shooter. Find out everything to know about Borderlands 3 1.15 below.
Borderlands 3 Version 1.15 – Patch Notes
NEW QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
LEGENDARY FIRING MODE FOR FABRICATOR
The Fabricator now has an alternate firing mode called Legendary that spawns between 1 to 3 Legendary weapons for 250 Eridium. You will switch into this alternate firing mode like any other weapon and will see purple effects when firing the Fabricator.
MISSION REWARDS AVAILABLE IN VETERAN REWARDS VENDING MACHINE
Players can now purchase previously rewarded mission rewards in the Veteran Rewards Machine just outside of Crazy Earl’s door on Sanctuary III. As missions are completed, their rewards are added to the pool and can be purchased using Eridium!
LEGENDARY GEAR AVAILABLE IN VENDING MACHINES
We have rebalanced vending machines based on community feedback. Vending machines of all types have a small chance of providing Legendary gear for purchase. We’ve also removed Uncommon (green) Rarity gear from the Item of the Day pool.
CHESTS AND BADASS REWARD ADJUSTMENTS
The quality of rewards found in chests and dropped from Badass enemies have been subtly buffed. Our goal is to make sure chests feel rewarding and exciting, and players feel properly rewarded for defeating difficult enemies.
DEDICATED LOOT POOL ADJUSTMENTS
The dedicated loot pools for bosses have been given a dramatic overhaul in hopes of making for a more reliable and satisfying farming experience. Most bosses have two pieces of gear assigned to them, though there are exceptions. To reach this goal, we enabled respawning on the following bosses and reshuffled gear between bosses more evenly.
- Buttmunch and Trufflemunch
- Archer Rowe
- Muldock, the Anointed
- King Bobo
- King Gnasher
- Anointed X2
- Anointed X3
- Anointed X4
ANOINTMENT POOL ADJUSTMENTS
To further improve the farming experience, we examined the Anointment pool and determined some weren’t engaging the community as we hoped. Given the depth of the pool, we have removed the following 21 Anointments. Any gear that currently has these Anointments will continue to function properly, but gear dropped after this update will no longer roll with these Anointments.
- While Airborne, Critical Damage is increased 25%
- While Airborne, Damage is increased by 30%
- While Airborne, Fire Rate is increased 20%
- While Airborne, Accuracy and Handling are increased by 75%
- While Sliding, Damage is increased by 40%
- While Sliding, Accuracy and Handling are increased by 50%
- While Sliding, Fire Rate is increased by 25%
- While Sliding, building up energy that refills a portion of your shields.
- While an Action Skill is Active, reduce all incoming damage by a small amount
- While an Action Skill is Active, 250% of health damage taken is returned to the attacker as shock damage.
- On Action Skill End, Critical Damage is increased by 25% for a short time
- On Action Skill End, create a cyber spike that damages nearby enemies
- On Action Skill End, spawn a healing pool for several seconds
- On Action Skill End, Fire rate is increased by 11%, & reload speed by 26% for a short time
- On Action Skill End, Weapon Accuracy & Handling are greatly increased for a short time
- On Action Skill End, Movement speed is increased by 5% for a short time
- On Action Skill End, 30% of damage taken is returned to the attacker for a short time.
- After exiting Iron Bear, do not consume ammo for 5 seconds
- After using Phaseslam, damage taken is reduced by 20% and movespeed is increased by 12%
- After using Phasegrasp, Weapon Accuracy and Handling are greatly increased
A NOTE ON DROP RATES
A few bosses have had some minor tweaks made to improve their looting experience, but we have left most of the drop rates unchanged. With the thinning of the dedicated loot pools and the removal of 21 Anointments, we decided to observe these changes first then make changes as needed in the future.
- Addressed a reported crash that could occur in splitscreen
- Reduced the number of projectiles that spawn due to damage dealt when using multiple elements on enemies and limited the number of times projectiles bounce to 4
We have adjusted how projectiles from damage events spawn. We found spikes in stability and performance concerns when too many elemental projectiles were spawning during gameplay. This was due to some weapons spawning many more projectiles than game performance recommended. The Recursion, Carrier, Bearcat, Lead Sprinkler, and others will see the effects from this change. We will be monitoring how players will be using these weapons for any possible adjustments in the future.
- Included additional supported languages for the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on
- Addressed a reported concern that sometimes caused Trophies / Achievements to remain locked when all named locations were discovered
- Retroactively awarded Trophies / Achievements to players that met the requirements
- Addressed a reported concern where the Traitorweed projectile would only appear on the host player
- Addressed a reported concern where the Vladof “Core Buster” grenade mod could damage allies with child grenades spawned after the first explosion
- Addressed a reported concern where standing on the inactive jump pad as Scourge teleports the user will launch them out of the map and kill them on the second teleport in Takedown at the Guardian Breach
- Addressed a reported concern where Anathema the Relentless was not using the correct death damage data in Takedown at the Guardian Breach
- Addressed a reported concern where weapon trinkets would disappear from the collection after relaunching the game in the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on
- Addressed a reported concern where the Jetbeast mortar weapon was dealing damage twice
- Addressed a reported concern where the splat attack from the Beastmaster’s pet Scorcher was unintentionally receiving Mayhem damage scaling multiple times
- Increased Pet Damage Scaling in Mayhem
After making changes to the Scorcher’s splat, we wanted to make sure it and other pets still felt fun and capable of competitive amounts of damage in Mayhem, so we buffed pet damage accordingly.
- Addressed a bug where the Operative’s Digi-clone was interacting with certain weapons like the O.P.Q. in a way that received Mayhem damage scaling multiple times
- Addressed a bug where the Gunner’s Iron Bear and certain class mods like the Mind Sweeper could interact in a way that received Mayhem damage scaling multiple times
We identified a behavior in our damage pipeline that created opportunities for certain gear and skill combinations to do excessive amounts of damage. We determined these combinations were not aligned with the rest of the game and made a solution that better fits our intended balance goals.
- Addressed some concerns that the Gunner and Operative were experiencing unintentional levels of damage increase with a variety of class mods in Mayhem mode
- Addressed a reported concern where the Anointment “While an Action Skill is Active, constantly trigger novas that deal X damage” was incorrectly scaling when players received Mayhem modifiers scaling skill damage
- The Siren’s Ties that Bind skill now scales properly with Action Skill Damage
- Addressed a reported concern that the Cosmic Crater Legendary Artifact did not scale the elemental puddle damage with Slam damage in Mayhem
- Players can no longer emote cancel to exploit Anarchy stacks
- Addressed reported concerns where FL4K’s Head Count passive did not function
- Addressed a reported concern where the Vibration effect from FL4K’s “Burst Aid” augment persists after the action skill ends
- FL4K’s pets now use the correct color when using the Spec’d Out skin for clients
- Addressed a reported concern where FL4K’s normal Jabber pet attack command was not functioning correctly
- Updated the Gunner’s Selfless Vengeance skill to scale the duration with each rank invested
- Removed the ability for the Gunner to skip the boss’ teleport action in Takedown at the Guardian Breach by entering or exiting Iron Bear as the teleport action is being performed
- Addressed a reported concern that the Grenade Launcher did not deal extra damage when equipped with the Stainless Steel Bear passive ability while using Moze’s Auto-Bear
- Addressed a reported concern where the FX would persist after using the second slam with the Mind Melt artifact effect already active
- Addressed a reported concern where the Mind Melt artifact first-person FX only showed on the host player
- Drunk William’s idle VO will now have audio during the “Blood from a Stone” mission
- Scourge’s death dialogue has been added to Takedown at the Guardian Breach
- UI Optimizations
- Made improvements to the News Widget UI
- Addressed a reported concern where a placeholder prompt appears when the player drives the vehicle to the level transition in The Blastplains in the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on
- Updated scrollbar button states for Mail
- Addressed a reported concern where multiple options within the Visuals menu had placeholder description
To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says, “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.
- The Gunner’s Anarchy stacks no longer are lost when entering Iron Bear
- Addressed a bug that was causing the Siren’s radiation elemental Anointment to do less than indicated in the description
- Changed the listed damage increase on the Siren’s Personal Space to reflect what is happening in-game
- Addressed a reported concern that the Beastmaster’s Rage and Recover skill was not increasing the healing rate of pets
- Adjusted the Siren’s Ties that Bind Skill to reflect the damage being dealt in game
- Addressed a concern that players were able to access unintended areas in Her Blind Eyes in Takedown at the Guardian Breach
- Addressed a stuck spot near two Eridian chests before encountering Anathema the Relentless in Takedown at the Guardian Breach
- Addressed a stuck spot in “When the Iron Falls” in Takedown at the Guardian Breach
- Addressed a concern that enemies effected by the Siren’s “Glamour” skill were immune to damage and could not be killed by the player
- Corrected the Hydragoian’s nameplate to show Radiant Bellik
- Addressed a reported concern that enemies riding mounts would become permanent allies with the Siren’s “Glamour” skill against a “Telezapper” in the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on
- Addressed a perceived mission blocker when Doc Stanley would fail to turn back into an enemy after being affected by the Siren’s “Glamour” skill during “Miracle Elixer Fixer” in the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on
- Addressed a perceived mission blocker when Soapy Steve would fail to turn back into an enemy after being affected by the Siren’s “Glamour” skill during “Dirty Deeds” in the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on
- Addressed a concern that Rose would stay in the room before reaching the Quartermaster’s boss area in the Bounty of Blood campaign add-on