Square Enix has announced the latest Chrono Cross The Radical Dreamers Edition patch notes, which confirms a number of key optimisations been made to game, including the ability to hit a maximum of 60 FPS during battles.
● Improved performance and optimised the game
- The frame rate during battles is now set to a maximum of 60 fps* on all platforms.
- *The final battle on the Switch version will have a maximum frame rate of 30 fps. Please note that the speed of some Element animations may vary by platform, but this has no significant impact on the gameplay.
- When using the hardware stated in the recommended specs for the Steam version, you can expect the game to run at an average of 60FPS (30FPS maximum outside of battle scenes). However, due to the rendering system used in the game, it is possible that when using certain graphics cards, some scenes with particularly high load may not run at 60FPS. The cards we have observed this occurring with are in the AMD Radeon RX 6000 series.
● Adjusted Pip’s stats/Element Grid settings
- If Pip obtains a level-growth star after evolving into one of his Devil, Angel, Demonic Beast, Holy Beast, or Divine Beast forms, his stats will grow* in accordance with his form.
- *This applies from the second level-growth star obtained post-evolution. Pip’s pre-evolution growth rate will still apply on obtaining the first star post-evolution.
- When starting a Continue+ file, if Pip’s stats in your completed-game save data are better than the selected save data for Continue+, they will be carried over as they are.
- When starting a Continue+ file, if Pip’s form in your completed-game save data has unlocked more of his Element Grid than it has in the selected save data for Continue+, his Element Grid will be carried over as it is.
- If a new Element Grid is unlocked later after Pip evolves into a new form, all its levels will be unlocked.
- Example: If Pip is in his Demonic Beast form in your completed-game save data, he will carry over his Element Grid as it was even if he starts out in Normal form.
- Example: If you start a Continue+ game with completed-game save data with Pip in Demonic Beast form, evolve him into his Divine Beast form, and obtain level-growth stars, you will unlock the Element Grids for both his Demonic Beast and Divine Beast forms.
- If Pip is evolved while possessing 99 level-growth stars, the stats for his new form will be applied and his new Element Grid will be unlocked post-battle.
- If Pip already has 99 level-growth stars and has evolved before you apply the update, the stats for his current form will be applied and his Element Grid will be unlocked when you load your save data post-update.