The streaming platform’s giant servers were capable of powering through any hardware bottlenecks the average player would face on their own PC or console.
As long as you didn’t have any internet issues, you’d be having the best experience with Cyberpunk 2077 possible.
However now that Stadia is being shut down, developers are working to make sure that players aren’t losing all the progress they’ve made in their games.
CD Projekt RED can be added to that list, as it’s now made it possible to transfer your Stadia save files to other platforms, including consoles.
You can go through the process yourself, by following this guide that CD Projekt posted here.
For those on console, you’ll want to jump ahead to step 9.
How To Transfer Your Cyberpunk 2077 Stadia Saves To Other Platforms
To get your Stadia saves follow the instruction below:
- Open takeout.google.com.
- In “Create a new export” section click “Deselect all” and select “Stadia”. Press “Next Step” to continue.
- Choose your preferred destination and “Export once” frequency. Choose “.zip” file type and “2 GB” size. Press “Create Export”.
- Download the export from the destination chosen in the previous step.
- Locate the downloaded archive on your PC. Extract it.
- Your Cyberpunk 2077 gamesaves will be located in the following path: …/Takeout/Stadia/GAMING/GAME_SAVE/
Note that there may be save files from other games located there as well.
- Files of each gamesave are located inside archives. Extract them to separate folders.
- To use the extracted saves on PC version, simply copy-paste those folders to the following path: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
Make sure that files are not nested inside another folder. See an example of one save below.
- If you own a game copy on supported console platform, you can use cross progression on any of the PC platforms and sync it with your GOG account to transfer your progress to a console:
- Start Cyberpunk 2077 on the PC.
- Make sure that you are logged in in the REDlauncher – this will be the account used to store your cross platform saves.
- Make sure the cross-platform saves are enabled in the in-game Settings.
- Load the latest save file from Stadia (or any other that you want to copy)
- Save the game again.
- This save file should be synced with the cloud and appear on your console (if you’re logged in to the same GOG account).
Source – [VGC]