Phoenix Labs has lifted the lid on the Dauntless update 1.78 patch notes for your to feast your eyes on, this time adding a bunch of new content such as an explorable cave system (The Crystal Mine) as well as a new Behemoth variant.
New to Dauntless
Variant Behemoth: Lightbound Koshai
A kind of crystalline Koshai has been spotted in the Shattered Isles. Like the Chronovore, it bends time itself through the power of radiant aether. But, where did this new Behemoth come from? And why is it so interested in an Orrery mining operation on Conundrum Rocks? Rumour has it that this Behemoth’s parts can be used to craft a new kind of omnicell.
The new Artificer omnicell enables you to channel the near-mystical power of radiant aether and step into a true support role, armed with a crystalline drone that can perform a variety of actions. Once you unlock this omnicell at milestone VII in the Slayer’s Path, use Brilliant Plumes from the Lightbound Koshai to craft it.
Active: Send your Drone to a target to have it perform one of four actions:
1. Revivable Slayer: Revive and give a Slayer the Artificer Aura* for 15 seconds. Can only perform this revive once every 90 seconds.
2. Active Slayer: Cleanse the targeted Slayer of all status effects and grant them the Artificer Aura* for 15 seconds.
3. Behemoth: Mark a Behemoth part to take +15% damage from all sources for 15 seconds.
4. Ground: Surround an area with a radiant wall for 15 seconds. The radiant wall blocks hostile projectiles and beams, and applies the Artificer Aura* to all Slayers within.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
*Artificer Aura: Slayers in the aura restore 10 health per second. If their health is full, a stackable 10-health shield is granted every second. Health shield lasts for 25 seconds. Max 400 shields.
Passive: Healing and shielding you grant is increased by 1 for every 150 life you have when granted.
Conundrum Rocks: The Crystal Mine
Conundrum Rocks has a new explorable cave system. When the Orrery discovered this cavern of glittering crystal, they sent a team to study and extract the mineral. What secrets will you uncover there?
Honest Ozz has discovered powerful currents of invisible aether, and he needs your help exploring these strange phenomena. Take to the skies with your glider in a brand new island activity that taps into these aetheric currents.
Find Aether Wind crystals and use the power of a patrol key to activate them. Once activated, they’ll attune you to the radiant aether frequency, marking the currents with crystal rings. Fly through each ring to earn a reward.
To get started, look for Honest Ozz on Conundrum Rocks. Master all six courses on Conundrum Rocks and The Paradox Breaks for maximum rewards.
Hunt Pass: Reach of Radiance
The Reach of Radiance Hunt Pass shines bright with a full armour set, two bonus armour transmogs, 950 total platinum, and more. Will you embrace the light, Slayer?New Dawn: Blinding Radiance
The New Dawn season continues with more weekly challenges, story quests, and Reward Cache items. Join Kat and Arkan as they set out to uncover the secrets of a powerful new Behemoth. Plus, continue collecting Shady Coins to unlock a shadowy set of infiltrator weapon and armour cosmetics. Remember, the brightest lights cast the longest shadows.
Aether Surge Island Events
- As the standard event on most islands, Aether Surge still had some odd inconsistencies and restrictions that prevented it from being an exciting moment while adventuring. We’ve updated the way these events identify pools of available behemoths to increase variety while maintaining the identity of each island.
- All Aether Surge events are now 3 rounds (some were 4).
- Round 1 is a solo Behemoth fight.
- Round 2 is a fauna wave.
- Round 3 is a dual Behemoth fight.
- Generated new, expanded Behemoth pools for all Aether Surge events.
- Due to animation changes in patch 1.9.0, Lacerating Onslaught generated too much meter and made it out-perform Blade Spin in terms of DPS. We have rebalanced meter generation for Lacerating Onslaught and buffed Blade Spin so that the latter is the top DPS combo once again.
- Increased Blade Spin damage per hit from 65 to 85.
- Decreased meter generation from Lacerating Onslaught attacks from 10/10(x2)/30 to 10/8(x2)/20.
- Ragetail Gnasher’s tail attacks now send shockwaves that only travel in the direction the tail is facing during each slam. This should prevent cases where a Slayer dodges a tail attack only to be hit by the shockwave. Rejoice.
- Increased the toughness of Shadowtouched Koshai’s antlers slightly since they don’t grow back like the regular, thorny Koshai’s do.
- All Koshai tail attacks now have clearer tells.
- Styxian pounces are now much shorter, do more damage up front, and no longer require a button-mash to escape.
Quality of Life
- Swinging Blades returns, with some adjustments. Hold light attack when you’re not in the middle of another combo to perform Swinging Blades. Which is a fancy way of saying “swing your blades with reckless abandon.”
- Added three new Expert Handling nodes at Milestone IX in the Slayer’s Path. Each node reduces the stamina cost of gliding.
- Made swoops and dives more dynamic and responsive.
- Improved the glider collision system to prevent unexpected crashes.
- Koshai’s antlers can no longer be severed when they aren’t fully grown.
- Shadowtouched Koshai’s antlers can now be targeted and are now a distinct break from the head.
- Fixed an issue where Kharabak’s aethercharged blades could be hit before they appear.
- Fixed some issues where Behemoths would get stuck near walls.
- Fixed an issue where “on kill” part rewards would get bigger when hunting the same Behemoth multiple times in a row. Bonus loot rolls now reset properly.
- Fixed an issue where Behemoths that crawled out of the ground would enter arenas in strange ways.
- Frost Sprites spawned by Boreus weapons now clean up properly when switching weapons.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to “hand in” the same item for multiple quests.
- The “Buy Low, Cell High” achievement/trophy now correctly unlocks when you exchange an epic cell.
- The Reforge celebration will no longer appear for players when another player reforges after them.
- Frostwülf and Sahvyt weapon unique effects now display the correct values when inspected.