Motion Twin has unwrapped the Dead Cells update 1.29 patch notes for you to digest, which comes packing a range of crossover content as well as various quality of life improvements. Read up on the latest Dead Cells patch notes.
New weapon: Face Flask
– They say this was supposed to heal you, but it doesn’t seem to work that well… Eh, who cares, it looks cool as heck.
New outfit: Penitent’s Outfit
Curse of the Dead Gods
New weapon: Machete and Pistol
– Slash, slash, bang. But like, big strong bang. Basically.
New outfit: Explorer’s Outfit
New weapon: Pollo Power
– Unleash your inner chicken and bring wrath to your enemies, as you lay egg-bombs all over the island.
New outfit: Luchador’s Outfit
New weapon: Pure Nail
– Looks like Blobespierre has finally learnt that he’s not obliged to stop running everytime he wants to take a swing.
New outfit: Vessel’s Oufit
Hyper Light Drifter
New weapon: Hard Light Sword / Hard Light Gun
– Shoot with one to mark your enemy, hit with the other to get your ammo back.
New outfit: The Magician’s Outfit
New weapon: Bone
– One swing, two swings, one uncontrollable whirlwind… You know the deal.
New outfit: Little Bone’s Outfit
How do I unlock all this beautiful content?
As you explore Prisoners’ Quarters, you might notice some new unusual rooms that don’t seem to belong here. Perhaps they shifted from another dimension ?
Legends say that finding and exploring those rooms will bring you glory and strength!.. as well as new tools to add to your arsenal.
We also heard that a strange, mysterious, might-be-full-of-hints book has appeared somewhere in Prisoners’ Quarters. However, its sayings look quite cryptic and incomprehensible…
- Fire-related affixes can no longer appear on Ice-related items, and vice-versa.
- Dropping a bomb when rolling no longer interrupts invisibility.
Quality of life
- Added a new log system
- A simple system that will log everything going on internally, to help us understand where some bugs come from. No personal data will be logged.
- No changes should be noticeable on your side, apart from log files appearing in your game folder, that you might want to include in future bug reports.
- Added the roles of everyone in the “Evil Empire” section of the credits. That way you get to know us a bit more.
- Added the ability to scroll through affixes in the Minor Forge menu.
- Mod support updated!
- Added a new Key system, allowing to pass data through levels in the same game.
- Added a system allowing the modification of an exit door on next levels, even vanilla ones. Yes, you can make an exit to Prisoners’ Quarters, in Prisoners’ Quarters.
- Added Timed Doors, No-hit Doors and Old Timed Doors to the level scripting API.
- Added the possibility to modify a Timed Door’s needed time in the same level.
- Added an API call returning if a player has a specific DLC.
- Added an API call allowing health fountains to adapt to the current player’s Boss Cells.
- Added a new button in the mod UI. The “back” button is now used… to go back.
- Fixed the mob spawn system.
- Fixed the Boss Cells Tube reloading a vanilla game when used in a modded level.
- Fixed Cocoon not activating What Doesn’t Kill Me.
- Fixed What Doesn’t Kill Me cooldown.
- Fixed the ability to multiply Serenade.
- Fixed Boomerang not getting its ammo back if the projectile was destroyed in some cases.
- Skills’ actions can no longer be interrupted.
- Fixed a weird interaction between the Jerkshroom’s attacks and the Parry Shield, which would sometimes hit the player when parrying.
- Fixed Demolishers dealing damage through Ice Armor.
- Fixed Grenades dealing negative damage in some cases.
- Fixed Armadillopack not parrying Guardian Knights and Automatons.
- Hunter’s Grenade can no longer be used to reset the cooldown of other skills
- Breakable props now follow the same generation rules as floor decorations.
- Fixed player tracks not being loaded when changing outfit.
- The Scarecrow can no longer be skipped.
- Fixed damage buff on invisibility not triggering.
- Fixed Stilt Village’s shortcut sometimes being impossible to get to.
- Fixed Tonic’s effect getting cancelled on any update of the inventory.
- Fixed Mama Tick’s behaviour sometimes becoming broken after interrupting its movement.