- Added a new Assist Mode to the options menu :- Continue mode – each time you die you can resurrect from the beginning of the biome. (this effectively already existed by quitting the game when you die, now it’s just ‘official’)– Auto-hit mode – automatically target nearby enemies with your primary melee weapon.
– Adjustable trap damage, enemy damage and enemy health in % increments.
– Option for slower parry window and trap speed
- New Gameplay Options :- Hold to jump.- Hold to roll.
– Shield toggle option, instead of long press.
- New Input Options :- Customisable Long Interact input.- Customisable Dive Attack input.
– Customisable functions for the Left Stick, Right Stick and D-Pad.
- New Video Options :- Customisable HUD transparency and size.- New font option : Arial.
– Customisable Brutality / Tactic / Survival colors.
– Display stats icons in addition to their color.
– Display critical strike feedback on the HUD.
– Display effect icons in item descriptions. If two effects synergize with each other, the icons glow.
– Outlines for the Beheaded, Enemies, Skills, Projectiles and Secrets.
– Disable blood.
– Reduce the number of particles.
- New Sound Options :- Customize categories of sound effects individually (active, enemies, environment, etc.)- Added a customizable sound priority system, to limit the number of sounds at once.
- Barnacle: new crit condition on bleeding or poisoned targets to make it less awkward (and bad).
- Tentacle: lots of bug fixes. It should be way more reliable now.
- Crowbar: new crit condition on stunned enemies to make it less awkward too.
- Magnetic Grenade: full rework, it doesn’t send enemies flying around (often in your head) but instead pulls them towards the explosion.
- Biters pets: now way more resistant to attacks and effects that don’t specifically target them.
- Corrupted Power: now in % instead of a flat bonus. No other difference functionally speaking.
- Wings of the Crow: lots of bug fixes.
- Decoy: can be manually detonated after a few moments (it’s not a grenade, but you don’t have to awkwardly wait for it to explode if you don’t want to)
- The cost of most of the beginner items has been drastically cut, to make the early game less tedious for new players and to make new items a viable unlock option while trying to get your flask, gold and other useful upgrades.
- Reverted the changes on Crowbar. Update 29.1
- Barnacle no longer crits on bleeding enemies. Update 29.1
- Machete & pistol: The third hit now ignores side shields. Update 29.1
Graphics & UI
- Added an option to change the text size of Item Names, Item Item Descriptions and Dialogues. Update 29.1
- Added an option to increase the size of the Attack Announces. Update 29.1
- Added a new font to choose from: “Adys”. Update 29.1
- Added an an option to add a colored filter between the background and foreground. The color and opacity of the filter can be freely customized. Update 29.1
- Reorganized the entirety of the Options menu and added a new “Accessibility” section. Update 29.1
- Texts in the Stat Selection Menu no longer use “Red”, “Purple” and “Green”, but “Brutality”, “Tactic” and “Survival.”
[Source – Dead Cells]