Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition Update 1.002.000 Patch Notes
So, what are the Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition update 1.002.000 patch notes? Well, the answer is we don’t know. Capcom hasn’t published the official notes anywhere. However, Eurogamer is reporting that this issues fixes the fact that the game would auto-select 120 FPS for the game if your TV supported it, even if you weren’t using the 120 FPS mode. This lead to lower resolutions of the game on many TVs and monitors and a lot of judder and stuttering.
Now, this issue has been fixed and 120 FPS for the game will only activate when you choose the 120 FPS-enabled mode in the game settings. All the other settings lower the frame rate to a smooth 60 FPS and allowing higher resolutions.
Update 20/11 20:21 Capcom has now released the official patch notes for the update which can be found below:
High Framerate Mode
- When “High Framerate Mode” is set to “OFF”, the game now limits framerate to 60fps.
- Fixed a bug where the game freezes when fighting mirage Goliath during 3 player matching.
- Fixed a bug where the player can get stuck when defeating Gilgamesh with a gas cylinder explosion using Vergil.
- Fixed a bug where Nightmare will appear white when reflected in glass while disappearing, using Vergil and performing World of V.
- Fixed a bug where the game would play the wrong sound effect when hitting a certain boss.
- Fixed a bug where the Game Analysis Team’s jobs displayed as “Brazil Community Manager” in the credits of Vergil mode.
- Fixed a bug where the game would display at 2K, 120Hz on certain monitors even when the system settings are set to output at 4K.
- Fixed a bug where an application error would display during Urizen’s tentacle attack in Vergil mode.
This is great news and hopefully means that players can get the best experience no matter what they are playing on. If you haven’t checked out Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition yet, you can read our review to see why it is a phenomenal remaster of an incredible game.
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition is available now on PS5 and will release physically on December 1, 2020.