Bandai Namco Entertainment have announced Digimon World: Next Order will be coming to North America and Europe in early 2017 for only the PlayStation 4, both physically and digitally.
Next Order allows players to choose between male protagonist Takuto or female protagonist Shiki. You can check out the Western localization announcement trailer below and can find more gameplay in last year’s Tokyo Game Show 2015 trailer here.
Originally announced in July 2015 for only the PS Vita, Digimon World: Next Order continues the long-running game franchise where you focus on raising and training your digital monsters.
Here is the official info and features list from Bandai Namco:
Digimon World: Next Order begins when players are sucked into the Digital World to discover it is under siege by Machinedramons. Rescued by two Digimon from impending doom, players must forge forward with their Digimon partners and journey through the Digital World to discover the origins of the Machinedramon scourge and find a way back to the real world. Along the way, players will nurture and train their Digimon partners for battle as they progress through the game.
Digimon World: Next Order contains over 200 Digimon for players to meet, recruit, and interact with throughout their adventure. Digimon World: Next Order will also give players the choice of playing as either a male or female protagonist and enable players to explore the Digital World with two Digimon partners for the first time in franchise history. The key to finding a way back to the real world and stopping the Digital World from total destruction at the hands of Machinedramons will lie in building strong bonds and providing effective training for each Digimon.
– Over 200 Digimon from the animated series!
– Choose between a male or female protagonist
– For the first time ever in the series, explore the Digital World with not one, but TWO Digimon partners!
– Your success in battles & the growth of your partners is totally dependent on you: Raise, train, feed, discipline, etc. in real-time to form strong bonds with your Digimon companions. Every interaction & activity matters!
– Evolved AI Battle System: Strong bonds with your partners is key – train your Digimon to excel in AI battles on their own. Cooperation & synchronization between your partners and their feelings will increase your chances of winning. Shout commands and cheer them to victory!
– Recruit and integrate new Digimon into the village to expand & evolve it