The DOOM Eternal update 4 patch notes have been confirmed by Bethesda today, which adds a bunch of key content for the critically acclaimed shooter plus a number of fixes and improvements.
DOOM Update 4 Patch Notes
Updates and Improvements for ALL platforms
- Added Quick Swap loading screen tip for BATTLEMODE and Campaign
- Added a third Live Tile on the Main Menu
- Added End of Level Event Preview functionality which allows players to learn more about the items on their current live event progression track
Main Campaign Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed an issue introduced in Update 3 in which completed mission challenges displayed as 0%
- Fixed an issue introduced in Updated 3 in which players could not access Master Levels from the kiosk in the Fortress of DOOM
- Fixed an issue in which backing out of a Party while playing the campaign on Ultra Nightmare difficulty caused the Party Tab in the Social menu to lose functionality
DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods – Part One Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed a crash after skipping the Facility Destruction cinematic after the Marauder fight in UAC Atlantica
- Fixed an issue in which the player can remain swimming in the air after leaving the water in certain situations
- Fixed an issue in which entering water immediately after a checkpoint save could generate a bad state if the player exited the game before reaching another checkpoint
New BATTLEMODE Updates for ALL platforms
- Fixed an issue where the Demon player’s spawned-in Carcass’ Seismic Furrows attack did not deal damage to the Slayer
- Increased Slayer velocity when using the Super Shotgun Meathook mod
BATTLEMODE Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed an issue where the player Archvile’s fireballs may follow a canted trajectory when fired at an angle through the Flame Wall
- Fixed an issue where the milestones, “Extinction-Level Slayer” and “Aggressive Transfusion” did not track progress in BATTLEMODE
- Fixed an issue where resetting Demon controls to default only reset the Archvile controls
- Fixed an issue where the Slayer player nameplate would sometimes briefly linger on the demon player’s HUD after a teleport
- Fixed an issue on PC in BATTLEMODE where the playable Revenant’s self-damage was much lower than expected
Known Issues – ALL platforms
- Issue: I’m a Windows Store/Windows GamePass customer and noticed that game invites from the Xbox Live app aren’t working. Is there anything I can do about this?
- Resolution: This is a known issue that we are working with our partners on the Xbox team to resolve. Stay tuned for updates.
- Issue: I’ve noticed that a community-created mod I’ve been playing no longer works after the latest update.
- Resolution: DOOM Eternal doesn’t officially support community created mods. Community mods may not function as expected.