Patch 1.09 is available now for F1® 22 on all platforms. Check out what’s in this patch below:
- Fixed an issue where the automatic gearbox hits rev-limiter for too long before upshifting
- Fixed an issue that caused radio commands to be disabled after using Flashback in certain circumstances
- Tyre temperatures are now correct when starting a race with no formation lap in offline modes
- Fixed an issue where players can receive incorrect penalties at Turn 4 of Australia
- Improved logic on AI leaving pit lane at Paul Ricard
- Lowered the threshold for enabling/disabling DRS in changeable conditions
- Fixed an issue where races cannot start when host spectates formation lap in Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to see other drivers’ lap times in Race Director
- Fixed an issue where cars with maximum downforce upgrades may incorrectly experience high tyre temperatures
- Fixed an issue where changes to race style settings and AI difficulty in Career mode may reset on game launch
- Fixed a timing issue causing incorrect sector and lap times when using Broadcast formation lap
- Renewing sponsorship contract on the same day as a Department Event can no longer be exceptionally long
- Fixed an issue where, in specific graphic settings, transparent boxes were sometimes appearing in-game
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
Additionally, for the first time in the series’ history, you’ll be able to race the fastest motorsport around with players across all platforms as the full launch of cross-play arrives in F1® 22 later this week.
In order to take advantage of cross-play, you’ll need to enable it in the Game Options > Settings menu. On Xbox, you may need to enable cross-play in your account settings. Details on how to do this can be found here.
After enabling cross-play, when you select Social Race you will have the ability to invite and join other sessions across all platforms. Disabling cross-play will only match you with those in your console family (e.g. PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4).