Bethesda has braved the nuclear wastelands and looted a list of Fallout 76 update 1.83 patch notes for you to scrutinise, and this is a major patch for the post-apocalyptic online RPG, bringing in support for Season 15: The Big Score. Read the latest Fallout 76 patch notes below.
Welcome to Atlantic City!
Welcome to Atlantic City! Try your luck at the Casino, marvel at underwater sights, and enjoy the endless entertainment on the Boardwalk. This update brings a new area to Fallout 76, including new expeditions, enemy groups, and more!
Billy Beltbuckles, the mafia’s “accountant” needs your help cooking the books, if you catch the drift. A little smudge in the books here, some misplaced money over there, whatever you can do to avoid paying dues to the Showmen and Munis. Death and taxes wait for no one, and being terrified of conflict means Billy will need your help on a regular basis.
The Most Sensational Game
Come one, come all to The Most Sensational Game! Step right up and see if you have what it takes to survive a deadly race against the infamous Batsuuri Twins. Navigate this perilous race carefully! Danger is around every corner, not only in the form of obstacles but in your opponents as well. Survive until the finish line and be crowned the Boardwalk’s newest Sensation!
- Neapolitan Casino: Try your luck at the casino! Win big at various games such as Roulette and Lucky Dice.
- The Boardwalk: Home of the Showmen, the Boardwalk offers deadly entertainment and the famous underwater Aquarium of the Atlantic!
- The Showmen: Performers and entertainers of all kinds who provide entertainment for the city. They are obsessed with self-actualization and will go to dangerous or even fatal lengths to achieve it.
- Municipal Government: These hard-working citizens keep the day to day of Atlantic City running, and they’re not afraid to get their hands dirty to collect taxes.
- The Family: Based out of the Casino Quarter, these mobsters are in charge of vice, chems, and gambling in the city.
- The Overgrown: Chaotic and mysterious, these nature-based enemies have only one mission in mind: spread.
- Lesser Devil: A new predatory cryptid that hunts in packs and uses both powerful melee attacks and projectiles.
New and Improved Locations
The once quiet and peaceful Forest region in Appalachia is starting to see more foot traffic as of late, with factions moving in and taking over.
- Gillman Lumber Mill: The Responders have taken over the Gillman Lumber Mill and set up a new vendor, carrying items and plans helpful for new adventurers!
- Factions: We’ve added various new points of interest associated with different factions in the Forest area, and a new Daily Quest in the region to help introduce you to them.
Weather Control Station
In case you mist it, we’ve added Weather Control Stations for C.A.M.P.s!
When the Weather Control Station is placed, it will change the weather in the radius of your C.A.M.P. Players who visit your C.A.M.P. can also see the weather, perfect for photo ops and added ambiance!
To use, simply place the item in your C.A.M.P. and power it on – watch the weather change before your eyes!
You may be wondering how to get your hands on these Weather Control Stations – you can get them from the Atomic Shop and through the Season 15 scoreboard!
- Weather Control Station (Clear Weather) – Claim free in the Atomic Shop!
- Weather Control Station (Atlantic City Boardwalk) – Earn from the Season 15 scoreboard!
- And more to come!
Season 15: The Big Score
We’re going all-in with this season’s rewards, bringing new Casino-themed C.A.M.P. items, weapon and armor paints, and more!
- New C.A.M.P. Items: Live like a high roller withnew items like the Marble Floor and Foundations, the Marble Staircase, Heart-Shaped Bed, and Pool Hall Rack.
- New Armor Paints: We bet you’ll love the various new Jackpot armor paints like the Jackpot T-45 Power Armor Paint and the Jackpot Hellcat Power Armor Paint!
Additional Design Changes & Improvements
- When leaving the Vault, players will be granted the new Vault-Tec Survival Backpack.
- The “Recipe: Small Backpack” has been moved from the Overseer’s Cache in Morgantown to the cache at the Overseer’s C.A.M.P. near the Wayward.
- The new Lumber Mill Vendor, June Seaver, sells the Vault-Tec Starter Backpack Recipe.
- Single rank Perk cards will now appear in Perk Card Packs, including animated variant cards.
- We’ve adjusted the limit of Perk Card Packs you can open at one time to 100.
- A new quest tracker has been added to streamline quest tracking. It can be customized and disabled from the settings menu.
- Level Boost: Players can choose to jump to Level 20 upon exiting Vault 76.
- Loadouts: When creating a character, there are now pre-made Loadouts you can choose from when exiting Vault 76. These loadouts include weapons, munitions, resources, and more!
- Audio : We’ve removed mentions of ultracite battery cells from Responder dialogues.
- Crafting : Known expedition plans and recipes no longer show as available for purchase in Giuseppe’s shop.
- Consumables: Fixed inconsistent food buff stacking.
- Consumables: Foods that grant Melee damage buffs effects and costs have been adjusted. Three new light variants foods have been added to reflect this adjustment.
- Enemies : We’ve made various balance changes to lower-level enemies and creatures and adjusted the health values for various enemy groups that appear in events.
- Enemies: Adjusted damage received by players from non-physical NPC weapons.
- Legendary Creatures: Legendary creatures will now always drop a legendary item of matching rank.
- Vendors : We’ve added Ammo and Medical machines to the Whitespring Mall.
- World: We’ve added Donation Boxes at locations with free Fast travel.
- World: Random, rare Legendary Creatures can now spawn in the Forest Region.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
C.A.M.P.s, Workshops & Shelters
- Collectrons: The Red Rocket Collectron now correctly uses the same resource list as other Collectrons.
- Prefabs: We’ve increased the build limit so players can build both the Pittsburgh Palace and the Hunter’s Lodge.
- Interface: Weapon Mod – Calibrated Beta Wave Tuner is now named properly.
- Outfits : The Nurse’s Outfit has been renamed to Guinevere’s Nurse Hat and Guinevere’s Nurse Outfit.
- Subtitles: Subtitles will no longer occasionally overlap with other subtitles when a conversation starts.
- Perks: Updated the description of the Inspirational Perk to specify that you need to be in a party with other players.
- Perks: Herd Mentality debuff now displays correctly even when not in a group.
- Skins: Fix for M.I.N.D. skin not appearing properly on Ultracite Gatling Lasers.
- Crafting: The Replica Grognak’s Axe, mounted head plans, and previously earned Nuclear Winter reward paints and skins can now be crafted again.
- Mods: The Scout Armors can now be returned to Standard after using Misc Mods to modify them.
- Emotes: Fixed an issue where the camera might move to a different angle when beginning an emote in third person view.
- Enemies: Throwing Weapons once again kill Resilient Enemies.
- Statuses: X-Cell, Irradiated and Glowing Blood Packs no longer stack with themselves.
- Contextual Ammo: Miner Pails and Holiday Gifts now grant contextual ammo.
- Legendary Mods: Burning, Electrified, Frozen, and Toxic legendary armor mods now stack (240 damage total from 5 armor pieces instead of 100 total damage regardless of how many armor pieces have the mod).
- Legendary Mods: Fixed an issue with the 40% Power Attack Damage not correctly dealing damage.
- Mods: Power Armor Medic Pump Mod now works with Diluted and Super Stimpaks.
- World: Fixed two resource veins in the Burning Mine location that could not be interacted with.
- Safe and Sound: Fixed an issue that could cause the event to get stuck at the “Repair the Circuit Breakers” stage.
- Seismic Activity: Fixed an issue where the Ultracite Titan can become invulnerable after destroying the crystals.
- Animation: Added behavior updates that allow players to self Stimpak while using a wind-up weapon that is charging down.
- AP: Entering and being in VATS no longer drains Power Armor Fusion Cores. These actions still use AP.
- Cooking: Headhunter’s Headcheese will no longer fail when trying to craft it.
- Food: Deathclaw eggs now correctly spoil into spoiled meat.
- Legendary Mods: Fixed an issue where some legendary mods wouldn’t appear in legendary items acquired from some ally quests.
- Modifications: Fixed an issue that caused the Combat Rifle’s .38 Precise Receiver to not have its Aim Speed and Sighted Accuracy bonuses.
- Modifications: Capacitor mods for the laser gun/ultracite laser gun which affect rate of fire for non-automatic barrels now properly increase rate of fire for those weapons when using automatic barrels.
- Modifications: Black Powder Rifles now spawn with the correct version of the Explosive Legendary Mod.
- Modifications: We updated the descriptions of certain Missile launcher mods to be more accurate.
- Perks: Fixed some cases where turret-mounted laser weapons weren’t triggering the Electric Absorption perk.
- Perks: Berry Mentats highlight effect now extends with Chem Fiend Perk.
- Perks: Fix an issue where Grim Reaper Sprint would not trigger correctly with Explosive Weapons.
- Photomode: Photomode filenames now include milliseconds.
- Resistances: Free States Resistance Headwear should now grant airborne damage/disease protection.