Epic Games has dished the dirt on the Fortnite 9.40 update patch notes, confirming another round of content drops for the perennially popular battle royale title. One of the biggest additions here is the Tactical Shotgun, which returns in new Epic and Legendary flavours and is available via floor loot, chests, supply drops, loot carriers, and vending machines.
Fortnite 9.40 Update Patch Notes Detailed
In addition to the return of the Tactical Shotgun, Fortnite 9.40 update also introduces a host of bug fixes, as detailed below.
- Fixed an issue involving Supply Drone Boxes not being visible after players shoot down the Supply Drone.
- Supply Drones no longer remain stationary after getting stuck for too long.
- Changed Invert “Aircraft Keyboard Controls” to “Invert Airborne Keyboard Controls” in the Options menu to reflect the fact that airborne land vehicles’ controls become inverted in the air.
- Fixed some edge cases involving damage number display rounding down for some shotgun hits.
- Blueprint doors now consistently render when players are building.
- Players can now pick up items more easily when standing on top of them.
- Foot controllers now properly allow players to rotate the next and previous weapon.
- Bushes no longer block players from being healed by a Chug Splash.
- If a player using a Shadow Bomb enters a vehicle, the Shadow Bomb effect will no longer remain active after the effect should have ended.
- The Chug Splash now properly auto-sorts to the rightmost inventory slot when picked up, like other consumables.
- Fixed an issue in which players would experience abnormally slow gliding after using a Rift-to-Go.
- Consumables associated with a bar (Shield Potion, Med Kit, etc.) are now consistently usable by players riding a Zipline.
- Fixed a rare issue involving Shadow Bombs not allowing for wall jumps at certain angles.
- Players can no longer wall jump off of the corn fields while using a Shadow Bomb.
- Players can no longer wall jump off of Slipstreams while using a Shadow Bomb.
- Fixed an issue in which the rings for Fortbytes 4, 67, 70, and 89 would not appear even though the player was wearing the correct cosmetic.
- To prevent players from exploiting the Deep Dab emote, it now has a delay before players are able to shoot after starting it.
- Fixed an issue in which damage done to shields was causing the VFX to appear larger than normal, blocking players’ vision.
- Foot Controller support improvements
- Switched over to use dead zone and max throttle end points.
- Better vehicle controls for Quad Crasher.
On the Creative front, players can now select Kevin’s Floating Island and the Ball Spawner, while Save the World Players can tuck into Birthday-themed quests and heroes to celebrate Fortnite’s second anniversary.
Check out the full Fortnite 9.40 update patch notes here.