Fortnite patch 6.22 has been released on all major platforms.
Alongside a handful of minor tweaks, the game’s latest update is headlined by the introduction of a new weapon, in the form of the Heavy Assault Rifle, and a brand-new limited-time game mode: Team Terror. As well as a second, returning LTM, Blitz.
Fortnite’s latest limited-time game mode, Team Terror sees two teams of 32 players fight for supremacy in a map overrun by hordes of Cube Monsters.
Scattered across the island, with more appearing every time the storm contracts, these malicious creatures will attack anything that moves. Fortunately, they also drop weapons and ammo when destroyed. Rarer, Gold versions of these and Monster Spawners yielding high-quality legendary items.
Other changes specific to this mode include:
- Farming resources increased 75% over default
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%
- Floor loot spawns double ammo
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo
- Chests spawn double ammo and consumables
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop, and trap
Heavy Assault Rifle
The Heavy Assault Rifle can be obtained from vending machines, supply drops, chests, or simply picked up off the floor if you happen to see it lying around.
Available in Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants, the Heavy Assault Rifle deals 44-48 damage with each shot (depending on the variant). It also has a magazine size of 25 and a fire rate of 3.75.
Elsewhere, another weapon, the Pumpkin Launcher has reverted back to a standard rocket launcher now that Halloween celebrations have come to an end. While the spawn rate of balloons has been drastically reduced from 12.2-2.3%.
Alongside Team Terror, Blitz makes its triumphant return to Fortnite.
A faster-paced battle royale experience in which the storm begins to move toward the island as soon as the match commences, an average round of Blitz can be completed in only 10-15 minutes.
Additionally, Blitz features:
- Reduced wait times between storms
- Increased chance of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%
- Increased chance of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%
- Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance
- Increased number, spawn rate, and the descent speed of Supply Drops
- Improved llama spawn rates
- And the removal of shopping carts
Fortnite Patch 6.22 – Notes
Fortnite patch 6.22 also addresses two miscellaneous issues with Battle Royale mode.
The first increases the upper damage limit of the ubiquitous storm from 8 to its original 10. While a bug affecting players hit by a Boogie Bomb whilst using a balloon has been squashed.
Lastly, today’s update implements a number of changes to Save the World. Details of which you’ll find on the Epic Games website.