It’s about that time of the week when Epic Games releases yet another update to its all-conquering battle royale shooter. And this one, Fortnite patch 6.31, is a doozy if you like high-octane, team-based mayhem.
With a new limited-time mode, Team Rumble, live now on PS4.
Team Rumble – Fortnite Patch 6.31
Team Rumble pits two teams of 20 players against each other in a frenetic battle in which the ultimate goal is to achieve 100 eliminations before the other team.
As such, defeated players will respawn after five seconds with no loss of weapons or resources. Dropping instead only a specific quantity of wood, stone, or metal and a random ammo type for their victorious foe to paw over.
Additionally, to make matches more interesting still, only weapons of uncommon rarity or better can be obtained during play.
Fortnite Patch 6.31 – Notes
In addition to Team Rumble, patch 6.31 brings with it a number of changes and bug fixes. The most notable of which introduces new Epic and Legendary variants of the Pump Shotgun, whilst also increasing the standard weapon’s overall damage output from 80/85 to 90/95.
The remaining changes and gameplay tweaks, separated by category, include:
Weapons and Items (Changes)
- Stink Bombs added to Supply Drops
- Double Barrel Shotguns removed from floor loot
- Adjusted Mounted Turret collision to make it easier to land shots against anyone occupying it
- Removed the ability to repair Mounted Turrets
- Fixed an issue that caused players to clip into and become stuck in turret barrels
- Updated supply drops so that they open automatically when landing on a Mounted turret
- Drop rate (Mounted Turret) reduced from 1.719% to 0.915%
- The Mounted Turret can no longer fire through its own floor
- Fixed an issue with players not having an audio cue while gliding after respawning
- Fixed an issue with Chiller effects not applying properly to players’ feet
- Reduced the in-air speed of the Glider Redeploy feature in supported game modes
- Added functionality that allows the placement of map markers in the world without needing to go into the full screen map using keybind. This command (defaulted to the left D-pad button) will only be available by default while in Combat Mode
- Added the ability to pick up and throw Dynamite with a lit fuse
- Increased Dynamite explosion height against players from 192 units to 300 units. This was done to prevent players from being able to jump over the explosion area on flat ground without taking damage
- New Tournament: Alchemist Pop-Up Cup (Pop-Up Cups are tournaments testing temporary, limited-time modes. Alchemist will continue our testing of several gameplay adjustments and may differ day to day)
- Player in-air falling audio cue volume has been increased
- The Mounted Turret overheat audio loop volume has been reduced
- Fixed an issue where the Glider in-air audio cue wouldn’t play for players who glide in after respawning
Art and Animation (Bug Fixes)
- Fixed an issue that caused player nameplates to disappear after scrubbing a replay
The official patch notes also include a detailed description of all the changes made to the game’s Save the World mode. A link to which can be found, here.