Following the server downtime today, Epic Games has confirmed that Fortnite update 2.1.0 has been deployed.
Dubbed, the Cosy Campfire, the Fortnite patch notes for Battle Royal confirm a number of changes, including updates to both weapons and gameplay.
Included in the Fortnite update 2.1.0 patch notes are some welcome changes, including the ability to hear enemy footsteps far better when collecting resources than before.
Just make sure you find the best Fortnite landing spots and you'll be all set for success!
Fortnite update 2.1.0 patch notes (Battle Royale)
- The Boogie Bomb dance effect is now removed upon taking any damage. We will continue to monitor and iterate on this item's functionality.
- Changed the Boogie Bomb rarity to blue/rare to more accurately represent its true rarity.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to pass through their recently built and edited structures.
- Fixed an issue which allowed sniper bullets to pass through players without applying any damage.
- Fixed an animation issue caused by entering the DBNO state while in the air.
- Increased the audible range of enemy footsteps, as well as their overall volume.
- We’re aware of an issue causing footsteps to sometimes play at irregular intervals when offscreen. We're working on a fix now, expect it next update.
- Enemy footsteps are easier to hear when performing certain actions such as building, shooting, or collecting resources.
- Fixed an issue which caused sniper bullet impact sounds to trigger more than once per shot.
- Fixed the phantom bullet sounds that are sometimes heard throughout a match.
- Adjusted the volume of the AC/DC Pickaxe.
- Reduced the volume of the drone that teleports player out of each match.
- Fixed an issue which caused the “Push to Talk” setting to disappear from the Battle Royale settings when restoring default settings in Save the World.
- Shortened a few Daily Challenge descriptions which would run off the screen in a few languages.
- Daily challenge rewards are automatically collected if another challenge is completed in the same category.
- For instance, if you complete a Battle Pass daily challenge but do not “collect” the reward, the reward will automatically be collected upon completing the next Battle Pass daily challenge.
- Fortnite Battle Royale now supports NVIDIA ShadowPlay highlights on PC.
- Fixed a rare Battle Royale server crash.