Epic Games has announced the full list of Fortnite update 3.56 patch notes for you to digest, and it’s a major addition for the battle royale title.
For starters, there’s the previously-confirmed shared wallet functionality for PlayStation gamers, as well as tweaks to 120 FPS and input latency for PS5 version of the game. The update is otherwise known as Fortnite 20.40.
Related Content – Sony PS5 Complete Guide – Everything Explained On PlayStation 5 For New Users
SIDEWAYS SHOWDOWN WEEK
The Sideways may be nowhere in sight, but Sideways weapons have made a return! In Sideways Showdown Week — running now until May 24, 2022, at 8:59 AM ET — the Sideways Rifle and Sideways Minigun are out of the vault. Not their first time in a battle involving the Island’s fate, you can find these weapons in Chests and on the ground. How to upgrade Sideways weapons without Cube Monster Parts? Just take ’em to an Upgrade Bench!
Fortnite Sideways Showdown Week
Earn extra XP by showing your Sideways weapon skill: Sideways Showdown Week Quests are active for this whole themed week! Look out for a new batch of special Quests when the next themed week begins May 24 at 9 AM ET.
BEGIN SHIELD BUBBLES VS. BALLOONS
Fortnite Shield Bubbles vs. Balloons
Speak with your Bars — the Shield Bubbles/Balloons trial period has ended and now it’s time for a vote! Funding Stations pitting the two items together can be found at all major POIs, so head to a Funding Station and contribute Bars to your preferred choice. The first choice to reach 100% Funded based on everyone’s global contributions will win and enter the loot pool immediately!
CONTINUE UTILE TACTICS IN ZERO BUILD
Fortnite Zero Build
Last week, to coincide with the trickshot unvaults, the drop rate of utility items was increased for a limited time. In Zero Build, the drop rate of Shockwave Grenades, Rift-To-Gos, and Cow Catchers will stay increased indefinitely! Keep the traversal and combative transportation going.
V-BUCKS PURCHASED ON PLAYSTATION JOIN FORTNITE SHARED WALLET
Fortnite Shared Wallet and PlayStation
Starting with v20.40, V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation may be used across platforms that support Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android, and cloud gaming services). As always, V-Bucks earned on any platform through the Battle Pass, Quest Packs, or Save the World are shared across all other platforms. See our recent blog post on Fortnite Shared Wallet for more information.
PLAYSTATION 5 AND XBOX SERIES X|S LATENCY REDUCTION
14BR Consoles BlogHeader 1900×600
We’ve made performance improvements to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles running in 60 FPS that reduce input latency for players who select “Low Input Latency Mode” in the settings (Settings > Game > Extra Game Options). Low Input Latency has been enabled by default.
PLAYSTATION 5 – CHANGE TO HOW TO ENABLE 120 FPS IN FORTNITE
It’s now easier for PS5 players to enable 120 FPS in Fortnite.
To enable 120 FPS in Fortnite on PS5, players no longer need to go to the console settings. Instead, 120 FPS can be enabled by doing the following:
- In Fortnite, open the Settings menu from the Sidebar menu.
- Click on Video.
- Toggle 120 FPS Mode to ON.
- Click Apply.
Note: The 120 FPS option will not appear if your TV or AV receiver doesn’t support 120 FPS output.
MIDDLE EAST SERVER REGION CHANGE
Networking options for the Middle East server region have changed. To ensure all players in the region have the best experience — if you had manually selected the server region to Middle East — it has now been reverted to Auto.
This means that some players who are normally connected to Middle East servers will now connect to Europe or Asia. Competitors, be sure to check the Compete tab in-game for Cup starts times.
Players are able to switch back to the Middle East server region if they choose to do so, but remember that this will likely result in high ping.
- Arena Fill has been enabled.
- The Sideways Showdown unvaults are not included in competitive playlists.
- The winner of the Shield Bubbles vs. Balloons vote will not be unvaulted in competitive playlists.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue involving players not receiving social notifications if they were in a match in a party with another player.
- Fixed an issue involving the UI of the Anvil Rocket Launcher not appearing.
FORTNITE CREATIVE V20.40 UPDATE: RACETRACKS, CLOUDS + MORE
We’ve made performance improvements to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles running in 60 FPS that reduces input latency for players who select the “Low Input Latency Mode” in the settings (Settings > Game > Extra Game Options). Low Input Latency has been enabled by default.
In case you missed it – V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation join the Fortnite Shared wallet! V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation may now be used across platforms that support Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android, and cloud gaming services).
For more information check out the V-Bucks Purchased on PlayStation Join Fortnite Shared Wallet blog.
New: Racetrack Gallery, Cloud Prop, and More!
Race fans get ready to make your dream track, as the v20.40 updates add 11 new galleries! Within the galleries, they feature 9 Racetrack Galleries featuring straightaways, turns, and guard rail props.
While checking out the new race track galleries make sure to take some cover in the shade with the Cloud Prop! Previously, creators would need to use snow and other props to create a cloud. We’ve taken the feedback and now you can place nice fluffy clouds to add to any map! Primitives Shapes Gallery B featuring 16 new materials for creations have arrived for your use. The only limit with these is your imagination.
UPDATE: PROMOTION OF ISLANDS WITH XP ENABLED
In order to maintain a fair and consistent experience as part of our Discover experience, we’re updating our policy on the in-game promotion of Islands with XP enabled. Mentioning XP in images, trailers, and the Island description can be misleading and will be disallowed; however, using the XP tag is still completely fine!
For new or updated Islands, please ensure your Island assets correctly reflect the experience your map provides.
Note: The policy blog has not yet been updated to reflect this change.
OTHER UPDATES AND CHANGES
- You can now turn on/off sliding on a per team/class basis.
- New options have been added that allow creators to change how Overshield and Sprinting function.
- These can be accessed by setting “Overshield: More Options” and “Sprinting: More Options” to SHOW. These changes are in the Class Designer and Team Settings and Inventory Devices. Users can also use the My Island Game tab settings to set the Overshield and Sprinting options.
- New media has been added to the Video Player. You will now have the option to use the “Party Royale Mix” in the Video Player in addition to the six available music videos created by xDogged.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed collision issues with the giant rock base in the Spire Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the barrier prop, from Chonker’s Speedway Prop Gallery, from not having a bottom texture.
- Fixed an issue with IO Blimp and The Fortress assets getting destroyed from players’ building.
- Fixed an issue with the IO Blimp Archway from not having a side base texture.
- The Mounted Anti-Vehicle Turret is now the Heavy Turret and the Mounted Artillery Cannon is now the Siege Cannon.
- Fixed an issue where the Tracker wouldn’t update properly for all teams when multiple teams were able to instigate
- Fixed an issue where trackers would disappear after a player leaves the game
- Fixed an issue where sometimes when ending a game while a prop mover was in motion the prop wouldn’t be placed back in its original position
- Fixed an issue where the prop mover couldn’t move lava tiles
- Fixed an issue where players would lose all functionality when joining a match in progress where they spawned into a damage volume that was set to only eliminate a different team
- Fixed an issue where using conditional buttons with high resource requirements would cause a server crash
- Fixed an issue where that caused the enable/disable settings for the elimination manager to not function
- Fixed an issue that causes fire volumes to be visible when joining games in progress
- Fixed an issue where selecting a color on the SkyDome device would cause a soft crash
- Fixed an issue that cause the character animation to break when entering an occupied vehicle using a button
- Fixed an issue that prevent the flashlight to not turn on and produce light