Fortnite update 6.01 will be available to download shortly. In preparation, the Fortnite servers will be down until further notice.
The downtime began at approximately 7am and is expected to last a few hours. Update 6.01 will introduce a new gadget in the form of the Chiller, which can freeze enemies, but also lets you slide away quickly from danger.
Check out the full patch notes for update 6.01 for Battle Royale.
Fortnite Update 6.01 Patch Notes
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
- Added more options to Playground. Allowing you to change settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Chiller added.
- Common Trap.
- Can be placed on floors, walls, or ceilings.
- Drops in stacks of 3 in Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and floor loot.
- Applies icy feet to friends or foes, causing them to slide around with low friction.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that could cause vehicles to become uncontrollable.
- Made improvements to the motion controls for the Switch to make it feel more accurate and responsive.
- Pets are now hidden along with your character when the camera is too close to you.
- Toys now respect the streamer mode setting for player names in minigame messages.
- Slightly increased the hitbox size on the Fancy Tomato to match its visual size.
The following adjustments have been made to Glider audio tells:
- Muffled the audio if there isn’t a clear line of sight between you other gliding players.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect audio would play when a teammate was eliminated.
- Added star ratings to the UI elements of all trap items.
- Fixed an issue where players occasionally couldn’t interact with items.
Fortnite Season 6 is currently in full swing. Find out how to unlock all parts of the Dire and Calamity skin by checking out the XP chart.