How To Fix PS5 Error Code NW-102261-2, PS5 Error Code NW-102261-2, PS5 NW-102261-2, NW-102261-2. The issue has come to light following the release of PS5 update 21.01-03.00.00, which adds the ability to store your games on an external device.
This is one of many PS5 errors classified as a Network issue, and results in the user being unable to connect server, i.e. PlayStation Network. It is fully acknowledged by Sony on its website, and as such we have some suggestions for you to try out below.
PS5 Error Code NW-102261-2, How To Fix
Sony recommends the following to remedy the problem.
- Hit up the PSN Status Page to see if there is any problem outlined by Sony
- Restart the PS5 and used a wired connection to access the Internet, then configure your settings again
- If using a wireless connection, review your installation location and bring the PS5 closer to your router if possible. You can also try moving any obstacles that may disrupt the connection.
- Turn off your router/modem, wait five minutes, then turn it back on again.
- Update your router’s firmware if applicable
- Try opening the following ports — TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3480, and UDP: 3478, 34709 and 49152~65535
- Head to networks settings and set up a static IP address to help improve it
- Go to DNS settings in the Network Settings and configure your settings with the number of public DNS that is free and open to the public by companies or organisations.