How To Fix Your PS4 Controller Syncing Issues. DualShock 4 pairing and connecting issues PS4. Your PS4 controller won’t sync with your console and you’re trying to work out why it won’t connect. You’ve come to the right place as we look at solutions to fix your PS4 controller syncing issues.
Why Is My PS4 Controller Not Connecting?
We’ve all been there. The lights on your DualShock 4 won’t turn on and the PS4 doesn’t recognize your controller. It could be a USB issue, or you could synching incorrectly. First up, let’s walk through the process of synching you controller.
How To Sync A PS4 Controller
Whenever you buy a new PS4 controller you’ll need to sync it to your console, but if you’re DS4 isn’t connecting for any reason you should also try this process.
1. Turn on your PS4
2. Connect the official USB lead from the controller to the PS4
3. Does the light bar begin to pulsate
4. Press the PS button on your controller and you DS4 should now be paired
You can also do this wirelessly if you lost your USB lead, but only if you have another controller or a media remote that allows you to navigate the PS4 dashboard.
How To Sync A PS4 Controller Wirelessly
1. On your PS4, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices
2. Hold down the PS button and SHARE button on your controller at the same time
3. Keep them held down for approximately 5 seconds
4. Select the controller on the Bluetooth screen on your PS4 to complete the pairing.
Still not working? Let’s try resetting your PS4 controller
How To Reset Your PS4 Controller
1. Get a thin sharp implement – A safety pin or a needle is ideal
2. Look at the back of the DS4
3. Find the small hole next to the left of the screw on the top right on the controller
4. Push your implement into the hole and hold it down for a few seconds
5. Repeat the steps on how to sync a PS4 controller
Still not working?
There’s a few things now that you could also try.
1. Your mini-USB synching lead it faulty. Do you have a new one you could try?
2. Unplug the PS4, connect controller to USB and power if back up.
3. Use safe mode to rebuild your PS4 database
4. Contact PlayStation Support and explain your issue