Wales Interactive has announced a slight delay to the Maid of Sker release date, confirming the horror title will now arrive in July 2020 to allow a simultaneous digital and physical launch.
Maid Of Sker Release Date Update
The game’s director, Richard Pring, commented:
The new date will enable Maid of Sker to launch simultaneously across digital and physical platforms, whilst also allowing for the team to fine-tune the macabre horror in Maid of Sker to its absolute-ly terrifying limits!
Maid of Sker is drenched in creepy Welsh folklore, and takes place in a remote hotel haunted by a macabre and gory history. Inspired by the tale of Elisabeth Williams, the game takes place in 1898 and features multiple endings with an emphasis on exploration and weaponless survival tactics.
Here’s some of the game’s features:
- 3D sound-based AI system as the core survival mechanic.
- Realistic visuals featuring 4k uncapped on PC (1080p 60fps minimum) and enhancements on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
- Dynamic environment sound feature that alerts enemies via a nudge system when the player bumps into objects.
- A chilling story inspired by Welsh folklore fusing psychological, gothic and British horror.
- Re-imagining of famous Welsh hymns Calon Lân (A Pure Heart), Suo-Gân (Welsh Lullaby) and Ar Hyd Y Nos (All Through the Night) from the spine-chilling voice of Tia Kalmaru.