There's a new Minecraft-inspired game incoming for PS4 based on the action-adventure survival video game, Ark Survival Evolved!
Developed by Snail Games, PixARK is an open-world voxel-based sandbox survival game set within Studio Wildcard’s expansive universe.
Just like Minecraft, players will be building shelters, crafting items, hunting and harvesting. In a world full of dinosaurs, you'll need to use all the resources around you to survive and tame or kill the world's creatures.
Like any online game of this size, it’s worth looking into setting up private server for PixARK online multiplayer, which start at approximately $15 a month according to CompareGameHosting.
PixARK PS4 Release Set For 2018
According to Snail Games, PixARK will feature:
- Single player and online multiplayer
- The ability to collect and craft items and build bases
- Over 100 dinosaurs and other creatures to tame, train and ride
- Character progression and customization
- Procedurally generated worlds, with no two worlds ever being the same
- Creative Mode which allows players to construct whatever they can imagine
- More than eight unique biomes to explore, including deserts, jungles, caves and more
- Procedurally generated quest system to keep players actively engaged in their worlds
Watch the PixARK launch trailer.
So, the bad news is it's likely not going to release on PS4 for a while. First up, PixARK will launch in Early Access on Xbox One and PC in March, followed by a PS4 and Switch release later in the year.