Minecraft update 1.78 is now available to download on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. Following the recent aquatic update, the latest patch applies numerous fixes as well as introducing the Pirates of the Caribbean Mash-Up Pack.
Also available for Xbox 360 (Update 70) and Nintendo Wii U (Update 39), the Minecraft release notes detail all the changes.
Minecraft Update 1.78 Patch Notes
- Added Pirates of the Caribbean Mash-Up Pack!
- Fix for closing the application during the save download for PS3 / Vita saves can result in a corrupt level, causing the title to crash.
- Fix for Sea Grass making the Stone Breaking sound when broken.
- Fix for Ghasts low spawn rate in the Nether.
- Fix for Conduit Power status effect not affecting the Player when standing in the rain.
- Fix for being unable to place a Sea Pickle on Glass Blocks or Stained Glass Blocks.
- Fix for throwing a Loyalty III Trident and leaving the level causing a complete loss of the user’s weapon.
- Fix for items not being able to be crafted using damaged Tools in Console Crafting.
- Fix for Magma Block generating bubbles under itself when placed between Water and Air blocks.
- Fix for placing a block below a Conduit so that it deactivates, then destroying the block to reactivate it, the Conduit will turn/rotate suddenly.
- Fix for a Trident enchanted with Loyalty III constantly making circles around the place where the Player died.
- Fix for Fully charged Bow doing the incorrect amount of damage (should do 9-10 damage).
- Fix for Drowned dropping a Zombie Head when killed by a charged Creeper explosion.
- Fix for players not taking damage from TNT Explosions in Battle Mini Game.
- Fix for Iron Golems not defending themselves when walking to the nearest village.
Minecraft update 1.78 should be available the next time you boot up your PS4.