Sony San Diego Studios has whacked the MLB The Show 22 update 1.02 patch notes out of the stadium for your viewing pleasure, and it comes packing a range of fixes across the board, including Diamond Dynasty and Road to the Show.
- Fixed an issue where the pitcher would not back up home plate under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause user inputs to be ignored while baserunning.
- Fixed an issue causing the 1B to not cover 1st as quickly as they should.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Manager Tip “Pitcher Getting Tired” to appear when the pitcher had full energy.
- Fixed an issue in player lock where the arrow to cover 1B would display slower than normal.
- Fixed an issue where the tutorials would cause incorrect throwing inputs.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Can’t Pitch” icon to not display in specific scenarios in online gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally not tag in specific defensive situations.
- Fixed an issue when pressing L2 to change players would not function in specific scenarios.
- Increases made to the efficiency of relay throws after a catch.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the First Baseman to throw late to the Pitcher covering 1B specific scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where the Catcher wouldn’t reach far enough to make a tag in specific scenarios along the 3B line.
- Fixed an issue where the First Baseman wouldn’t be able to branch a throw to home.
- Fixed an issue where perfect throws from the OF would sometimes cause the Catcher to move off the plate.
- Fixed an issue in the Events Reward screen where every card in the list would display “Promoted” to a squad, instead of just one.
- Fixed an issue where a username would appear as zeros when a user quits.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the voice chat menu to get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the captain icon from updating to the correct user when another user quits.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to return to the main menu while searching for opponents.
- Fixed an issue where players could still hear each other after leaving a lobby.
- Fixed a visual bug where the matchmaking progress bar would move from 0 to max immediately.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the chat to delete messages.
- Various fixes to player markers and throw meter issues.
- Fixed an issue where the baserunner window would display late while on defense.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent the Pitcher covering home from attempting to tag the runner trying to score on a wild pitch.
ROAD TO THE SHOW
- Fixed a bug that would cause a pitcher to not face the fielder when throwing to them during post-play.
- Fixed an issue that would cause mismatching logos and names.
- Fixed an issue causing the user to get placed into the incorrect Diamond Dynasty screen after a Mini Seasons playoffs game.
- Fixed a bug where losing in the playoffs didn’t register correctly in the UI until the player backed out of the mode and came back in.
- MLB Futures Game uniforms now display the correct year on the All-Star Game patch.
- Fixed an issue where some generated players had inaccurate trade values.
HOME RUN DERBY
- Fixed a bug where the farthest home run was not being recorded and displayed properly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause users to get stuck when bringing up the wheel in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where the pitch count would not display using the Regional Theme.
- The “Pause Time Remaining” text is no longer cut off in the pause menu during an online game.
- Fixed an issue that would display baserunners out of position in the baserunning diamond display when using Classic Baserunning.
- Fixed an issue which had the incorrect difficulty showing in the UI of Exhibitions and Play vs Friends.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Diamond cards to not display correctly on loading screens and in-game.
- Players will no longer disconnect from games if their controller disconnects.
- Introduction of the Nike City Connect Washington Nationals uniform.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading in a Battle Royale game.
- Various equipment additions and updates.
- Various fixes were made to improve stability across all modes.
- Various audio adjustments and fixes across all modes.
- Various fixes made to lighting.
[Source – MLB The Show 22]