Cryptic Studios has lifted the wraps off the Neverwinter update 10.14 patch notes for you to gawk at, which comes with a number of changes to key areas such as combat, environments, items, and more. Read up on the latest Neverwinter patch notes below.
Related Content – Sony PS5 Complete Guide – Everything Explained On PlayStation 5 For New Users
Content and Environment
Elemental Evil: Hard to Reach Places
- The camera shake once again properly plays when picking up the fire seed.
- The cultists now more consistently move their mouths when speaking in cutscenes.
- The encounter for the air seed no longer has a chance to fail and prevent progression.
- There’s now a sign over the door of the Tower of Alteration.
- There’s now a sign over the door of the Workshop.
- Crown of Keldegonn: The rocks around the edge of the arena are no longer quite as likely to cause strange AI behavior.
- Summer Festival: Sahha now swaps out the power tray when in play mode.
- Players will no longer see a “Farewell” dialog if they happen to attempt to start the Icewind Dale campaign while already on the quest, Icewind Dale, offered by the campaign.
- Port Nyanzaru: One of the canopies no longer has a strange looking texture.
- The Dwarven King: Chapter 3: Throne of the Dwarven Gods: There’s no longer a strange square water plane on the minimap.
- With the end of the Echoes of Prophecy Season Pass, the remaining quests have been removed from players.
Combat and Powers: Classes and Balance
- Additional damage from Ballad of the Hero, Ballad of the Witch, and Aurora Fantasia will now crit when the base power they are adding to crits.
- Healing from the Starstruck Class Feature should now be able to crit.
- The Soulweaver Warlock Forte stat tooltip no longer incorrectly describes that Soulweavers get “Critical Awareness.”
Combat and Powers: Other
- The Icosahedron Ioun Stone companion now grants up to 7.5% Movement Speed at Mythic Quality, instead of XP.
- The Soul Shield Combat Enchantment should now only trigger once every 60 seconds.
- The Marvelous and Legendary Balloon Bombardment Combat Powers now increase incoming damage dealt to the target.
- The Nightfire Dragonnel’s combat power now properly shows the Dragonnel instead of a drake.
Enemies and Encounters
- Barrow Guardians no longer incorrectly have a chance to show up in Neverdeath Graveyard.
Items and Economy
- The following artifacts now have increased Combined Rating:
- Demogorgon’s Reach
- Neverwinter’s Standard
- Repurposed Phylactery
- Demogorgon’s Reach now properly grants Maximum Hit Points at Legendary Quality, instead of Defense.
- “Artifacts and Gear of Dragonbone Vale” has now been renamed to “Artifacts and Gear of Dragon Slayers”.
- Artifacts: Ring of Fowl Weather now unlocks the collection entries of all lower ranks.
- Companions: Magical Creatures of Faerûn: Golden Goat, Golden Cat, Golden Bulette Pup, and Golden Deep Crow Egg collection entries now properly have tooltips.
- Companions: Earl the Chickenmancer collection entry now properly unlocks. Players may need to summon / unsummon him if they already have him bound to their character, or move him in their inventory if not. Tradeable versions will not unlock the Collection entry.
- Companions: The Windsoul Genasi now properly has a collection entry. Players may need to summon / unsummon them if they already have them bound to their character, or move them in their inventory if not. Tradeable versions will not unlock the Collection entry.
- Endgame Sets: Frostborn Gear no longer has a typo in its description, and now states that it is currently unavailable.
- Events: The April Fowls subcategory now properly shows up year-round.
- Mounts: Many owlbears have been added to the Beasts of the Wildlands collection, now that they can be rarely found in end-of-queue chest rewards.
- Underdark: Dusk Armor no longer has a typo in its description, and now states that it can be earned from the Dwarven King adventure.
- Cotton Pants can now be crafted at Tailoring Level 1 and properly grant experience points.
- Quests from the Chasm, Icespire Peak, and the Whispering Caverns adventures now grant a Barbed Insignia of Initiative instead of Ancient Enchantments.
- Various remaining sources of Ancient Enchantments have been adjusted. In some cases, they simply no longer drop enchantments. In others, they now drop insignias in their place.
Vendors and Exchanges
- Antiquities Scholar
- Ancient Frost Enchantment, Rank 8 now properly trades for a Frost Illusion.
- Ancient Frost Enchantment, Rank 9 now properly trades for a Frost Illusion.
- Ancient Frost Enchantment, Rank 10 now properly trades for a Frost Illusion and 20 Enchantment Medallions.
- Arcane Dragon Key can now be traded for a Skeleton Key.
- Dragon Queen’s Key can now be traded for a Skeleton Key.
- Mystic Dragon Key can now be traded for a Skeleton Key.
- The companion merchant now correctly sells Wererat Thief Companion for 300 Seals of the Wild.
- The Dragonborn Race Pack now contains 200 Trade Bars instead of Ancient Draconic Enchantments.
- The Expedition Pack of Fairy Finds now contains a Fortified Nature Enchantment and a Flower Barkshield Illusion.
- The Bard’s Entourage Pack now contains a Cursed Burn Enchantment and a Floral Vorpal Illusion.
- Moon Elf Supplies from the Moon Elf Race Pack now grants a Bound to Character Loamweave Illusion instead of an Ancient Enchantment.
- Certain “DUMMY ITEM” items have been properly renamed to Ancient Bloodtheft Enchantment Shard and Ancient Briartwine Enchantment Shard.
- Summer Festival Fashion: Chef’s Whites have been renamed to Chef’s Pants.
- Interactions with requirements now show checkboxes if their requirements are complete.
Items and Inventory
- Non-Artifact items in Item Sets now show their set’s image in their tooltips.
- Adventures: The “Continue Adventure” button should no longer unexpectedly deactivate on certain adventures.
- Quests: A few display issues with milestone quests and long reward lists have been addressed.
- Quests: As quest sharing is not consistently supported in the current iteration of Neverwinter, the “Share” option has been removed from the quest journal.
- The Interface option, Show Player Triggered Power Names, along with other damage floater options, has been added to the Options list for players on Xbox or PlayStation systems.
- On systems that use controllers, the category list now loops when scrolling up or down past the end of the list.
- Purchasing a Race Pack now prevents a player from consuming race unlock tokens for that race once it’s unlocked.
- The text search element is now focused by default when opening the window.
- VIP: The Travel Signpost is now available starting at Rank 1.
- Certain bard head-slot items from Descent into Avernus now display on Dragonborn.
- Various hairstyles now properly display their previews in character creation.
[Source – Neverwinter]