Developer Hello Games has unleashed the full No Man’s Sky 2.12 update patch notes for your viewing pleasure, and much like the last crop of updates, it adds a tidal wave of improvements and bug fixing for the ambitious space exploration title. It’s available now for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One versions of No Man’s Sky.
No Man’s Sky 2.12 Update Patch Notes
We’ve posted some of the major changes below. Have a butchers at the full No Man’s Sky 2.12 update patch notes here.
Added new events to the Nexus:
- Occasionally, ‘Encrypted Missions’ will appear on the Nexus mission list. The objectives for these missions are hidden until the mission is in progress, but the rewards are far higher.
- Each day, every player also has the chance to complete a Nexus mission to earn Quicksilver.
- Added new customisation items to the Quicksilver shop: a full suit of Vy’keen-style armour.
- Progress towards unlocking these items is achieved by community-wide completion of Nexus missions.
- Fixed a number of mission flow issues in standard Nexus missions.
- Increased the reward from standard Nexus missions.
- Improved the visuals of the mission start UI in Nexus missions.
- Introduced a number of PC VR and PSVR rendering optimisations.
- Significantly improved image quality in PSVR: reduced blurriness caused by TAA jitter and fixed low-quality terrain/atmosphere jaggies.
- Introduced a number of general PC optimisations.
- Introduced an optimisation to region decoration.
- Increased the stack multiplier on a significant number of products.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Larval Cores and Hypnotic Eyes from being used as cooking ingredients.
- Fixed bad data in the Nutrient Refiner recipes for various cheeses and cheese-based products.
- Fixed an issue that prevented ships/Multi-Tools/etc being rotated in the inventory.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Blaze Javelin not to work in VR.
- Fixed an issue that caused players with Rocket Boots to jump when selecting things in the Quick Menu.
- Rebalanced NPC language encounters so that attempts at using alien words are viewed more positively.
- Fixed an issue that caused creature bait stored in the cargo inventory to be unavailable.
- Fixed an issue that caused double inputs on some UI screens.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect unit costs to be used when purchasing Exosuit slot upgrades.
- Improved the audio balance in a number of places, as well as fixing some missing sounds and some incorrectly looping sounds.
- Fixed an issue that caused NPCs to sometimes face the wrong way on the Nexus.
- Fixed a number of incorrect and missing control icons.
- Fixed a number of control conflict issues when plugging multiple gamepads into one PC.
- Added validation to prevent invalid actions being bound.
- Fixed a number of stuttering issues when using mouselook on the Steam controller.
- Fixed an issue where the input for uploading a base screenshot did not work correctly on consoles.