Hello Games has lifted the lid on the No Man’s Sky update 3.98 patch notes, which comes with another round of bug fixes, including a fix for a PS4-related crash. Read up on the latest No Man’s Sky patch notes below.
- Fixed a visual glitch that could occur when the player stood on very steep ledges or railings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some Leviathan-specific missions to persist beyond the end of the expedition.
- Infestation Nexus missions now correctly lead players to the target planet.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with freighter engines.
- Improved the messaging during combat at Sentinel Pillars during Nexus missions.
- Fixed a number of collision issues in freighter bases.
- Fixed a case where freighter rooms with ladders could prevent other parts in the base from being powered.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from building inside another player’s freighter base, even with the correct multiplayer permissions.
- Fixed a collision issue that allowed players to become stuck when jetpacking into the freighter bridge teleporter.
- Fixed an issue that caused some NPCs to give dialog from the wrong quest the first time they were interacted with.
- Starships can no longer be purchased or exchanged while your current ship is being salvaged, to prevent issues were inventories and stats of your current ship were displaced.
- Placing a ladder in a freighter now automatically adds a room above it.
- Fixed an issue that caused NPC ship labels to have the incorrect pilot name in pirate space stations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented freighter upgrades related to frigate speed and fuel usage from working correctly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Vy’keen face shape customisation from being available in the Appearance Modifier.
- Fixed an issue that prevented organic frigates from making contact if discovered in uninhabited systems.
- Fixed an issue that prevented summoning a freighter immediately after acquiring a new organic frigate.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect information to appear on the frigate UI (such as ‘flesh status’) after viewing the Leviathan.
- The visibility of the ‘feed’ slot for organic frigates has been improved.
- Fixed a number of minor visual issues with freighter base parts.
- Fixed an issue that allowed unwanted bases to appear around specific Nexus mission locations.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Nexus missions involving activated Cadium to fail to initiate.
- The visuals of the freighter Nutrition Room have been improved.
- Two additional freighter base parts have been added: an internal staircase and a set of exterior stairs.
- Fixed a number of shadowcasting glitches on freighter exterior bases.
- Fixed a rare case where players would not receive a Dream Aerial from fleet mission after a mission was totally destroyed, or after adjusting the system clock.
- Fixed a number of PlayStation 4 specific crashes.
[Source – No Man’s Sky]